Stinkiness

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
For the past few weeks Brutus has this iron/blood/metallic smell to him. There is no blood though. I've cleaned his tail pocket several times, wiped him after going to the bathroom. I look at his "personals" to make sure all is ok. He just stinks. Has anyone had this before? Any ideas?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Could it possibly be his breath?!! Roxie at times has the worst smelling breath, and it can smell odd at times...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Hmm..I haven't heard of this. It will be interesting to see what everyone has to say. Maybe his teeth? Can you check them?

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Not his breath, that is tolerable. Lol. Even right now he is laying next to me and he's so stinky.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It seems to be focused around his rear end. I've cleaned him so many times, I'm at a loss

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You might have his tail pocket looked at, and also his anal glands may need to be expressed.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thinking anal glands as well. Vegas stinks to high heaven when he need's his glands done. Has Brutus done any scooting on the rugs? It's a gross smell, not quite like poop, but very foul!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He has not been scooting at all. I've never had them done since we have got him, this is the first time I've dealt with it. It's very metallic/blood smell.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He has not been scooting at all. I've never had them done since we have got him, this is the first time I've dealt with it. It's very metallic/blood smell.

Vegas's anal glands don't smell like that. Are you sure there's no yeast in his pocket? Use a baby wipe with witch hazel and stick your finger in. If it comes our brown or rust color it might be yeasty. Just giving you some idea's. I have never smelled metallic/blood smell with Vegas.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas's anal glands don't smell like that. Are you sure there's no yeast in his pocket? Use a baby wipe with witch hazel and stick your finger in. If it comes our brown or rust color it might be yeasty. Just giving you some idea's. I have never smelled metallic/blood smell with Vegas.
Nope, I just got in there again today and it was clean. ugghh....wonder if it is his anal glands. I've never dealt with them before, ruthie never needed them done.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has needed his done from about the age of 1, he will be 6 in March. I thought he had worms, lol. He was scooten his behind all over my area rug, his tail pocket was clean, so I took him to the vet. They had to internally express and omg!! NASTY anal juice just squirted out. Since the age of 1 he has had to have this done about every 6-7 weeks!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When Bust gets to smelling like that he gets a good bath with Pharmaceb shampoo and there's this spray that Bio-groom sells that's like a cologne but isn't strong at all and smells fantastic and it lasts about a month before the stinky's come back. I think it's just rust from his man parts and left over fanny smell myself. I spose we dudes smell like that too if we don't bathe for a month.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas has needed his done from about the age of 1, he will be 6 in March. I thought he had worms, lol. He was scooten his behind all over my area rug, his tail pocket was clean, so I took him to the vet. They had to internally express and omg!! NASTY anal juice just squirted out. Since the age of 1 he has had to have this done about every 6-7 weeks!!
So gross haha. I think this might be what brutus is going to have to do. As much as it sucks, I love learning about this guy, he's so different than ruthie.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So gross haha. I think this might be what brutus is going to have to do. As much as it sucks, I love learning about this guy, he's so different than ruthie.

Well one way to find out............... AND.... don't make a Vet appointment, Our VET Tech does them. I don't have to pay an office visit or vet visit. Tell the receptionist you want to have anal glands done. Just FYI. Cost us $17.00 and takes about 60 seconds. Then they spray his butt with deodorant and were out the door. Joe has learned to do them himself thanks to JeanieCo's Video, but there are times even he can't get them so I still have to take Vegas in.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well one way to find out............... AND.... don't make a Vet appointment, Our VET Tech does them. I don't have to pay an office visit or vet visit. Tell the receptionist you want to have anal glands done. Just FYI. Cost us $17.00 and takes about 60 seconds. Then they spray his butt with deodorant and were out the door. Joe has learned to do them himself thanks to JeanieCo's Video, but there are times even he can't get them so I still have to take Vegas in.
I called a groomer, I'm going to see if they can do them. It's about 15, instead of going to the vet. I don't think I wanna approach doing them myself.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online