Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Stinkiness

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Vegas has needed his done from about the age of 1, he will be 6 in March. I thought he had worms, lol. He was scooten his behind all over my area rug, his tail pocket was clean, so I took him to the vet. They had to internally express and omg!! NASTY anal juice just squirted out. Since the age of 1 he has had to have this done about every 6-7 weeks!!
    So gross haha. I think this might be what brutus is going to have to do. As much as it sucks, I love learning about this guy, he's so different than ruthie.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JennieS View Post
    So gross haha. I think this might be what brutus is going to have to do. As much as it sucks, I love learning about this guy, he's so different than ruthie.
    Well one way to find out............... AND.... don't make a Vet appointment, Our VET Tech does them. I don't have to pay an office visit or vet visit. Tell the receptionist you want to have anal glands done. Just FYI. Cost us $17.00 and takes about 60 seconds. Then they spray his butt with deodorant and were out the door. Joe has learned to do them himself thanks to JeanieCo's Video, but there are times even he can't get them so I still have to take Vegas in.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Well one way to find out............... AND.... don't make a Vet appointment, Our VET Tech does them. I don't have to pay an office visit or vet visit. Tell the receptionist you want to have anal glands done. Just FYI. Cost us $17.00 and takes about 60 seconds. Then they spray his butt with deodorant and were out the door. Joe has learned to do them himself thanks to JeanieCo's Video, but there are times even he can't get them so I still have to take Vegas in.
    I called a groomer, I'm going to see if they can do them. It's about 15, instead of going to the vet. I don't think I wanna approach doing them myself.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    When Bust gets to smelling like that he gets a good bath with Pharmaceb shampoo and there's this spray that Bio-groom sells that's like a cologne but isn't strong at all and smells fantastic and it lasts about a month before the stinky's come back. I think it's just rust from his man parts and left over fanny smell myself. I spose we dudes smell like that too if we don't bathe for a month.
    Buster smells metallicy??? I'm trying to nix out everything, anal glands, man parts..etc. I haven't smelled his man parts cause his butt is enough lol

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

It's the dog smell metallic, like blood smells. My wife learned how to express glands and does them every other month. His vet charges $37 each time to do them and we got sick of paying for it. It's like popping a blister or a pimple, @JeannieCO did an article on how to do it but I got the techs at the vet to show her how, sorta like an anal gland seminar lol. They were happy to do it.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

I called a groomer, I'm going to see if they can do them. It's about 15, instead of going to the vet. I don't think I wanna approach doing them myself.
    Make SURE the groomer does INTERNAL, no groomer's here do internal, just external. Vegas needs INTERNAL expression. That is why the Vet Tech does them

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

For the past few weeks Brutus has this iron/blood/metallic smell to him. There is no blood though. I've cleaned his tail pocket several times, wiped him after going to the bathroom. I look at his "personals" to make sure all is ok. He just stinks. Has anyone had this before? Any ideas?
    Unless it's a stink bug (fishy) smell I doubt it's the anal glands. I know when Emma has gets an acne pimple and I pop it it has that exact smell you mention (metally). Have you looked between his toes? I have no idea but that he has a acne somewhere.

For all those that want to read about Anal glands, here you go. Anal Gland Care - Everything you need to know!

Nothing between his toes
    i'm going to read your article now! thank you!
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Make SURE the groomer does INTERNAL, no groomer's here do internal, just external. Vegas needs INTERNAL expression. That is why the Vet Tech does them
    maybe i will just take him to the vet then. I don't want anyone messing him up.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Unless it's a stink bug (fishy) smell I doubt it's the anal glands. I know when Emma has gets an acne pimple and I pop it it has that exact smell you mention (metally). Have you looked between his toes? I have no idea but that he has a acne somewhere.

For all those that want to read about Anal glands, here you go. Anal Gland Care - Everything you need to know!
    Jeannie, Vegas has never smelled "fishy" it does have a distinct odor but not fishy. Not poop either. Just a funky smell!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    It's the dog smell metallic, like blood smells. My wife learned how to express glands and does them every other month. His vet charges $37 each time to do them and we got sick of paying for it. It's like popping a blister or a pimple, @JeannieCO did an article on how to do it but I got the techs at the vet to show her how, sorta like an anal gland seminar lol. They were happy to do it.
    That's what i was thinking of doing, taking him and having them show me how to do it. I am pretty cool with my vet and his assistant is in my bible study so they may be nice enough to just show me.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

Jeannie, Vegas has never smelled "fishy" it does have a distinct odor but not fishy. Not poop either. Just a funky smell!
    Yeah, brutus does not smell "poopy" either.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Really. How about a metallic smell then? Now it's Jack that I have to do all the time (well every 4 weeks or so) but he smells like a stink bug. I wonder if to others that a stink bug smell could be the metal/iron smell too?
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads