Anal gland leakage

jessica989

Jul 9, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Porky
My dog has been experiencing what I think is her anal glands leaking.... She will just be sitting and I will smell it. She doesn't have any issues with going to the bathroom and her stool isn't soft. I don't think her glands are impacted. Any suggestions?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Well Vegas does the same, I had to take him average about every 5-6 weeks to the vet to have them expressed. Takes about 1 minute. There is a video on here on how to do it yourself from [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] My husband watched over and over again, and now he can express. I simply can't do it. Last week when I was going to give Vegas a bath, he expressed all over my arm from fear of a bath. Talk about GROSS!! If Big Mama is doing this, probably means she needs to go get an internal expression. The Vet does not have to do it, the Vet Tech does. Use to cost me $17 a visit. But well worth it!!

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
Charley does this too. Glands are never bad when we take him in to have it done, but he does leak. One of our previous girls would scoot, never leak though. The leakage is soooo gross smelling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We have this issue with Orion. Her gland on the right side is a leaker.

No reason, it just happens. YUCKY!

I suggest not scaring your puppy though. That stuff can shoot out like no ones business. The funniest AND grossest thing EVER!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.