When is it to cool for outdoor bathing?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have to cover my A$$, today it is about 60* and sunny, but that is a bit cool for us and it is Vegas's Bath day, Joe wanted to get a 5 gallon bucket of warm water and wash him outside, (remember his shampoo does not lather it I just massage it on and then rinse real good.)

I told him NO WAY it is too cold out. I give the bath, and Joe has to clean the bathroom is our agreement, after a short argue about it, I told him/lied to him <o "I read it on EBN that anything under 70* is to cold and they can get pneumonia" :lol:--BUT I think It makes sence??

I really think he could get sick if he is standing outside wet and for us right now in Fl. it is to cool. What do you think?

P.S. Joe is now scrubbing the tub and getting ready to mop the bathroom floor :lol::up:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Well, you can't get pneumonia or get sick from being cold HOWEVER I live in Arizona and have tried to bathe the dogs outside when it was too cool and they end up shivering. There's not a lot of humidity here so we only bathe outside when it's hot out. Like 80+ degrees hot out. I like to fault on the side of caution and wash them in the tub and Truman really loves a warm bath - doesn't everyone?

As for the hubby, ask him how much he likes cold baths? ;)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=860]jillh10[/MENTION], next time he gets in the shower I will be sure to start the washing machine >.< , THEN I will ask him how he liked it, :whistle:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Last week I bathed my fur-kids outside. But it was a fairly sunny spot for most of the day, and I ran the hose into the laundry tub so that the water was hot, not cold. It was about 75 degrees out. If I did not have access to the hot water I would not have done it yet, because the ground is still cold, meaning the water in the pipes is cold. It would need to be 75-80 out for a few weeks first. They did not even shiver and it was such a nice day, that once they were done they got to get a sun bath and dry off with mother nature.

I would NOT agree with hubby. Even with a bucket of water how can you be sure you have him nice and rinsed off without going back and forth for more warm water? Sounds like a lot more trouble than it is worth!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I base it on wether I would go swimming in the pool. The water from the spicket would be as cold as the pool water. We have a walk in shower and if I don't feel like cleaning the tub or mopping the floor, I go in the shower with them and dry them in there when done (thank the lord it is big enough for that)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I think 60 degrees is too cool too. Even in the sun, to stand there wet? Nope! Next time Joe bathes, turn the AC to 60 and make sure all the hot water is gone, but be sure and give him a 5 gal. bucket of warm water. :p

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I think the most important part of Vegas' baths is didn't I just read that you have to let the shampoo you use sit for 10 minutes. It's not going to matter much how warm the water is when you get him wet and rinse him if he is standing there outside wet for 10 minutes in between!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], as I promised...... last night when Joe got in the shower I started the washing machine >.<, I heard him give a big "yelp" :lol: and when he got out I quietly explained to him... THAT IS HOW VEGAS WOULD HAVE FELT!!!! I don't think he will argue with me again on where to bathe Vegas, only when it is 90+ will it be outside!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Tell him to go give his MORAY EEL a bath in 60 degree water :p .... and don't forget to scrub behind it's ears.... LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.