Head tremors

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Thank you for all the info everyone ,Chumley is having a run of them atm most nights but they never last long after a treat but I'm thinking why so often ��

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hi again
These darn head tremors
Chumley had them on 3 occasions during the night fully responsive on all occasions ice cream or cheese stopped them each time only seems to happen at night only lasts a couple of mins and goes as soon as food is in his mouth he is now 18 months old this only started recently this is the 3rd time in bout 2 months 

Have you tried vitamin B supplements? Vitamin B's play a big role in the nerve system and deficiency can be the cause of head tremors. I have a friend whose bully's head tremors stopped and have stayed away, since she started giving him vitamin B supplement. B's are water soluble, so there's no risk of over dose eather.

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
I like it , it makes alot of sense too will source some here in oz
Thankyou

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
I have had 2 bulldogs that have had head tremors. In my experience, they go away within 15 minutes after giving about 2 tablespoons of Karo syrup or regular syrup. Since this has always helped with my bullies, I've always assumed that it was low blood sugar.

My bulldog who passed didn't seem bothered by them at all, Nico seems scared when he gets them which isn't very often (maybe 4-5 times a year).

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
But if they stay away all together with vitamin B? Is it then that the sugar only cures the symptom, not the cause?

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
You're right, I was just going for the quick fix since I didn't really know what was causing them. Since Nico doesn't have them that often we thought it easier to just use the syrup. I've heard that the syrup doesn't work for some bullies, maybe there are different causes for head shakes?

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Man I feel for everyone.for me, I'm really glad something told me to read this. So in your experience and opinion did Bentley also have one, I was up watching tv late last night. Bentley was sleeping on the floor peacefully and I looked down, his eyes started fluttering and the top of his head looked like it was rolling waves. At first I wondered if he was dreaming. It freaked me up so I bent down to wake him. He woke up and got comfortable again and seemed fine after that. Personally I'm on a medication for Endrometrosis that has given me high anxiety. I'm not an anxious person. If Bentley does the slightest thing different I freak out right now. I thought I was overreacting. :(

Joanne A

Jul 13, 2015
Medina, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jiggs
I had a bulldog who had head tremors. They would occur sporadically and we were able to stop them by diverting his attention to a treat. These were not seizures because, again, we could stop the tremors. With a true seizure, this would not occur. Our vet actually saw this once, and he couldn't offer any explanation for the cause. He lived until the age of six, and died from lymphoma. He had these head tremors from about the age of one until he passed away.

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
Have you tried vitamin B supplements? Vitamin B's play a big role in the nerve system and deficiency can be the cause of head tremors. I have a friend whose bully's head tremors stopped and have stayed away, since she started giving him vitamin B supplement. B's are water soluble, so there's no risk of over dose eather.

I personally have no experiences with head tremors, but I have a friend whose EB-girl started to have those. She also was treated with vitamin B (vitamin B 12; I can't remember if it were injections or pills) and the tremors stopped.
In her individual case the tremors seemed to be caused by a specific diet food (the bullygirl was too heavy and her vet recommended and sold my friend the diet food; after a while the tremors started; the bullygirl got vitamin B and my friend changed food; the tremors stopped; after a while my friend found back the bag with the diet food - many left - and decided to feed it until the bag was empty; the tremors then started again; perhaps the diet food caused the deficiency in this individual case; again she was treated with vitamin B). Today she has no tremors anymore.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.