Head tremors

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco had his first head tremor tonight. Can use any advice and guidance! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]

We gave him a little ice cream. It happens intermittently, doesn't last long. Trying to upload video

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh gosh… I'm so sorry Matt, try to get something on video so Cheryl can see it. Sending you guys lots of hugs and prayers :pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh Matt, sorry hearing this, know it was instant worry & sadness
seeing Rocco doing this :( From what I understand, it's harder on
owners than them and hoping he has no more. Wishing y'all the best
and keeping y'all in prayers & loving thoughts. Please, update us!

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
It really was heart breaking! Thanks everyone! Cheryl I'm gonna take a look at that.....I do have it on video but can't upload it on here for some reason

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Don't freak out Matt. Chumley had his first one long before I was a member of EBN and I panicked. If I had the info available to me at the time I would have probably been more at ease and saved myself some vet money. I read so many different things on FB and online. In Chumleys case just giving him a treat immediately stops it....Just the distraction alone ends it. In his case it's not a shortage of sugar or deficiency in anything because it stops the second he starts chewing. I went to 2 vets and both gave me the same info that's available here. While it's painful for you to watch it's not painful for the bully. I'm talking about heard tremors, not seizures which are completely different. Rocco will be okay..in chums case I don't know what triggers them. Sometimes they happen daily for a week and other times they don't happen for months on end. Good luck. Read the head tremor article on EBN it's loaded with great info.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sorry to hear Rocco had a head tremor, the time I saw it was due to stress (after a surgery). Even though I knew exactly what it was and that it wouldn't hurt I STILL freaked out!

Has there been any changes at all that maybe could have triggered them in Rocco?

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Sorry to hear Rocco had a head tremor, the time I saw it was due to stress (after a surgery). Even though I knew exactly what it was and that it wouldn't hurt I STILL freaked out!

Has there been any changes at all that maybe could have triggered them in Rocco?
No changes that I can think of at all....however, another article I came across said that they noticed it in high allergy times in spring and fall. Rocco's allergies have been sever this year with him scratching himself on his face to the point he bled. Maybe an allergy trigger?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hey Matt... I know the are dreadfully scary, but they are not in pain at all and the treat will distract to get them to stop. Yes, allergies can be a trigger, with Banks it is stress with Nitschke it was his allergies... Our video of him in the article you can see how red/pink his face was, poor bugger was suffering horribly with allergies and we had none of the knowledge we have now. As soon as you see it start, call his name, give a treat .. Sometimes it takes two to get them .

keep us posted

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hey Matt... I know the are dreadfully scary, but they are not in pain at all and the treat will distract to get them to stop. Yes, allergies can be a trigger, with Banks it is stress with Nitschke it was his allergies... Our video of him in the article you can see how red/pink his face was, poor bugger was suffering horribly with allergies and we had none of the knowledge we have now. As soon as you see it start, call his name, give a treat .. Sometimes it takes two to get them .

keep us posted

ok, good to know. This will freak me out had I not read this post before.

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Awwe man, I know its heartbreaking and it can really kill you inside, getting his attention away from them is what I've always heard.

Scary stuff and I feel for you bro. Hopefully like Jim said he will stop with chewing, like ice cream. He's going to be ok. That video crushed me..
Thanks man, I had some friends come over last night so I wouldn't leave him alone.....he was as happy as ever and had no negative signs at all. Hopefully the good streak continues!

OP
fastmatt613

fastmatt613

Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco

keep us posted
Yea Rocco is a little pink above his nose where he scratches himself so hard sometimes....I think I want to go on a regular regimen of allergy meds, you think that's a good idea?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.