Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION] sent me a message on facebook, I assume she could not post on the forums because she is on her mobile device.

Here is what she said:

Couldn't make post on forum but please let everyone know...

We r taking sparkles to the emergency vet clinic this morning. We woke up
& she has like bubbles all over her body. :[ and her face & body r super swollen. she looks horrible. Please pray it's nothing serious. I'll keep u posted.

Crystal

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
oh poor sparkles! hope it's just a reaction and the vet can get it under control soon. keep us posted!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
OMG I am praying for her! If it just suddenly came on it sounds like she was bite was something. Samson face swelled up like crazy a few years from what the vet said was probably a spider bite. But the rest of his body was not affected so I don't know. Poor Sparkles :(

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Keeping Sparkles in my thoughts and prayers...

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just hope she gets there in time! It sounds like an allergic reaction, but yet it could be a bite from something. I am a nervous wreck, I hope she is okay.....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Have we heard anything yet? I hope that little girl is okay...and her mama too! Let us know ASAP.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I hope Sparkles is alright. It does sound like a reaction to something...I will be waiting to hear!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is okay. Vet gave her some benedryl and a steriod shot, and she is to give her a bath when she gets home. He said it was an allergic reaction to something but they don't know what. I am sure she will give us an update when she gets home.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
whew, good news. Except it would be great to hear they soon know what caused it. I know it is scary and stressful when something like this happens.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
Thanks for the update, I'm new but was kind of freaked out. I'm glad to hear it's going better than before. Hopefully they can figure out what happened soon.

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION]
It's amazing how quickly you become attached to our little avatars and the people behind them. Thanks for joining us. I'm sure Sparkles will absolutely be tickled that you were thinking of her. And I'm willing to bet that she won't hold the "newbie" thing against you.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Whew, I'm glad everyone is okay. Linus was stung by a bee once and had a similar reaction - with lumps and swelling all over him - it was frightening! Hopefully they will be able to identify the source of the reaction if they find a bite mark or something of that nature.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Oh my gosh I am soo glad se is ok. I know how scary puppy emergencies are. Poor thing and poor moomy(hug)

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Sorry i didnt post earlier been busy w sparkles. So yes we took her to the emergency clinic and $130 later she is getting better. Dr said hives were caused by something we just dont know wat :( dr gave her steroid shot in her little butt. Before we left to flinic i gave her benadryl. I felt sooooooo bad her lil nose rope was swollen. Her entire body was full of hives, as soon as we got home daddy gave her a bath. She still has a few hives left but is doing much better. Thank yall so much for ur thoughts & prayers. I was driving to the clinic this morning & thought to myself i have to let my friends know

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online