Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help/Advice needed for Sudden agreesion in 2yr old female

Oh wow! That must be very heartbreaking. I think you got some great advice above and will hopefully get an answer on weds. Good luck and welcome to the site. Keep us posted.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tessa and Remmy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the support from everyone, and I will surely let you know what the vet says after Wed. I have sat here on and off all day today typing every option I could think of on the internet to try to find a case like mine and a solution or what it was from rather but no luck. I am truly at a loss right now. Its hard to watch Tessa be so on edge all the time, I'm not even sure if she is even sleeping or sleeping with one eye open. When it is her turn to be out right now she sits straight up in her bed at attention and just watches everything going on. She is very fast in her actions and runs rather then walks places like to the back door or wherever I am going in the house, and like I mentioned she seems very uptight or on edge (not skiddish) just like she is always tense or something.
    She is always laid back and easy going and really just looks happy is the only way I can put it, and she just doesn't look happy. She isn't moping or signs of depressed just not her happy self.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sadie
    Likes (Received)

After ruling out anything medical there are some things you may want to start doing around your home to show Tessa that you are the boss, not she.

As alpha of the pack YOU need to make sure that you are first at just about everything. You enter and exit through doorways first, and then ask them to follow. When feeding the girls, make sure each one sits or even lies down before receiving their dish. The humans of the family need to be eating before the girls as well. When they get leashes put on, make them sit before it happens.

You do need to be very vigilant on the dogs behaviour. Study dog body language a bit and you'll start seeing signals from Tessa that she's declaring dominance over Remmy. As SOON as you see these signals you need to step in and assert your dominance over Tessa, showing her she is NOT the pack leader. As suggested hold her to the ground until she relaxes. Some dogs respond better being rolled onto their backs first. (Most likely the first time you attempt this she's going to fight like no other. The easiest way I've found to bring down a wiggling bulldog is to take the front and back paws furthest from you and pull them closer to you while using your shoulder to push the dog over)

As alpha leader you also need to make sure your controlling the "assets" such as food, water, toys, outside, playtime etc. Leaving them scattered is making Tessa claim them, because nobody else is claiming them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads