Need advice for Betty's UTI

Jetty Betty

Aug 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Hey guys
My poor Betty has been suffering from UTI since we rescued her a couple months ago. She's about 5 years old and has had a rough life we think. Mostly being used as a breeding dog. She was spayed right before we rescued here and could tell she just had another litter. We took her for a regular urine analysis about a month ago and we tried one antibiotic that didn't seem to work. Then we went for the Urine culture and the Vet prescribed another Antibiotic for 3 weeks. Its been about 2 weeks and still no sign of improvement. When I say no sign of improvement, Im referring to Betty still peeing/discharging in her sleep. It seems like a significant amount when she does it. Any advice here??
Thanks,
Noah

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN. And thank you for rescuing her.

could be she was never crate/potty trained and always just pee'd where she lay? Have they checked her bladder, maybe she can not control it? Going to tag some members that might be able to give more insight

OP
J

Jetty Betty

Aug 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Thanks 2BullyMama- its only at night time. She has never done this during the day so we believe she is potty trained

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sometimes, after a dog has been spayed, a dog will have problems with "leaking". She may have a weakness and when she is sleeping,does not realize it. My sister had a doberman,whom after she was spayed, had to take medication every day to prevent "leaking". I must admit one of mine pees her bed most every night-so I use washable nursing home pads-but she is fine all day. She is a very heavy sleeper, and she has no bladder problems, and never has. She is a good girl and I just accept it! Also, you can try giving her Cranberry pills. You can just buy them in the store that carries vitamins. If she has no mucous,blood, or bladder infection-you might just accept it.

OP
J

Jetty Betty

Aug 21, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Hmm. Do you think its just coincidental she has uTi too? Has anyone tried Cranimals?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hmm. Do you think its just coincidental she has uTi too? Has anyone tried Cranimals?

If she DOES have a UTI, then she does need medication from the veterinarian. You may need to take another culture. Or go to a different vet. I was only suggesting thinking she was clear. Just plain cranberry pills. I don't know Cranimals-but it sounds like kids vitamins and they may have sugar or artificial sweetners, which is not good.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

I use Craninals in the spring/summer as Banks is prone to UTI because of her allergy to grass and how low she sits when peeing

Most Reactions

Members online