Puppy in hospital

Helpmeplease

Nov 5, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco P Coltrane
I just purchased a puppy 3 days ago on Sunday and he is currently in a vet hospital as we speak suffering from pneumonia and undergoing tests for tumors that were found in the checkup. I am sooooo worried I can't even contain myself, not to mention explaining this to my 2 small children. The vet said that the pup had pneumonia well before 3 days and I called Morgan several times on day 1 and 2 worried about him coughing. I don't know what to do. My husband rushed him to the hospital after he became worried when he was not acting like a normal pup would and we have already paid $1500 in hospital bills since he has to stay there to be treated. Keep in mind this is in addition to the $2500 we paid for our pup 3 days ago! $4000 in 3 days is a lot for us. I called Morgan to let her know and she immediately began to scold us for taking him to the hospital and told us to get him out and bring him back to her because all vets do is scam people. My husband refused because we are so worried about him and it is obvious that he is in pretty bad shape. I just came from visiting with him in the hospital and he is barely moving. I am sooooo afraid that he isn't going to be ok! Morgan said that she thinks the tumors are a reaction from the micro chip but I don't know who or what to believe! I am so confused because she seemed so genuine when we purchased him. She offered to trade him but my husband refuses (I agree) because although it's been just 3 days he is our dog and a member of our family... It just doesn't feel right to do! She was so defensive when I spoke to her like we were going to make her pay for something, it was so strange I don't know how to feel. Please help with advise I am freaking out right now!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so sorry you are going through this. I am sending prayers that your baby is better. Did he come with a health guarantee? Not that you would give him back but she should kick in for the bill.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am so sorry this is happening. :cry: Did they provide you with any vet certificate of health? From what I've read about these people they are scum and puppy mill producers, I highly doubt you will get any resolution from them at all. I'm so sorry, I will pray and pray for your puppy that he will be okay, I think you guys did the right thing to get him to the vet. Pneumonia in young puppies is very serious!!!!!! I cannot believe she would suggest such a thing to bring him home when he's so sick!!! :bitching:

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
When reading your post again I can't help but remember when I to went through something very similar. I didn't even have my little puppy home for 24hrs and had to go to the vet for issues happening in the night and morning. I contacted the breeder who said I was overreacting and she to was very defensive, she also was my bff of like 15yrs at that point. After the many other vets I had to go to following the first initial visit to confirm what originally my first vet visit said they said they would then take her back at which point I said no as well. I never got the offer of exchange or any offer of help in the all the moneys I had spent which was a large amount. Because she was my bff I didn't think I needed a contract.
I am assuming you have gotten a contract with your little puppy correct? Simply because most people don't always go off of someones word.(bff). I would expect the breeder of your puppy to help out with all vet expenses since she just received all your money only a few days prior. It will help in any future expenses your puppy may need or not. But it also will pay for the ones that are building up while your puppy is in the hospital, which are going to be very expensive. With my little puppy I ultimately had to end up surrendering to a rescue because the issues just kept getting bigger and bigger and I couldn't afford these expenses any longer so I had to do what was best for this little girl after several months of doing what I believed was best for her in order to help her and keep her at the same time, I loved her! The rescue shelter was a blessing for me as far as taking over what I could no longer do for her. They were very grateful to have seen everything I had done for her thus far and providing them with all documentation of this, but they were my heroes when it came to my sick girl. I do know that she continued to have issues even after the rescue stepped in and helped her and then was able to adopt her out because I was contacted about her from animal hospital (it was a mix up in owners of her somehow). Don't get me wrong I mean we love them but this can be a huge red flag or not for this puppies future with you and your family. I would certainly push for her to help with the expenses. My bff and I are know longer, but it would have been nice had they helped me out with reimbursement of some of the bills I incurred. Keep us updated and I hope you have a better day.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this with Roscoe. This should be the most exciting time for you and your kids with your new puppy, and instead you're dealing with the worry of a sick puppy, and the uncertainty of his future health with the tumours that were found. You totally did the right thing taking him to the vet hospital, I can't beleive the breeder suggested taking him out if there and telling you to bring him to her. She is not a vet and it's ridiculous for her to say the tumours are a reaction to the microchipping, I have never heard of a microchip causing a tumour. Your puppy's best chance is at the vets and getting the treatment and medication he needs. I totally understand you wanting to keep your puppy and not exchanging him for another one, he's yours and you and your family have bonded with him. He has become a part of your family already and you just want him well and back at home. I also agree that the breeder should refund you some of the money for the pup to help with the mounting vet bills, she sold you a sick puppy, and should take some of the responsibility for his care. Unfortunately she probably won't do it voluntarily, and you may have to take her to court to recoup some of the vet bills. Did you get a contract with him? When we bought out two pups, they came with their first shots, a health check from their vet, and microchipped, we got a contract that stated we had 4 days to have them checked by our vet for any illness or congenital defects for the contract to be valid, and we had a year guarantee for any health or congenital problems. Dozer was 5 months old when he had a growth spurt and his lower jaw grew much longer than it should be, he also has congenitally missing molars on the bottom jaw, and his teeth don't meet each other because of it. The vet said it was a genetic defect, but it doesn't affect him in anyway other than he eats slower and we have to out warm water in his food to make it softer for him, and he can't close his mouth because of the discrepancy in his upper and lower jaws, his tongue always sticks out because of this and we just think it makes him cuter. He always looks like he's sticking his tongue out at you. We could have taken him back to the breeder, but would never woukd have considered it. We love him and he's ours, and God made him that way. We did call the breeder though and told him, just to let him know that his pup had this defect, so that he would hopefully stop breeding the dog that had this trait, so future puppies wouldn't have this happen to them. I hope and pray Roscoe pulls through and that he's okay, that's the most important thing right now, to get him healthy and home. I hope the breeder has a heart and some responsibility and steps up to do the right thing and refund some of up your money. Sending love, hugs and prayers your way. Please keep us updated on how Roscoe is doing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
sending many hugs and prayers that he recovers soon

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending positive thoughts and prayers that your little guy makes it through. I am so sorry that you are going through this.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Yeah I havent heard great things about her. Its a red flag though when a pup has issues of that nature and she tells you to take him out of the hospital and that you shouldnt have taken her to the vet. Sounds like shes just trying to cover her tracks especially if the vet says your pup has had it for more than 3 days.

I hope your pup gets better. Ugh I hope she's not selling sick pups to people. Its bad enough that shes breeding "mini bulldogs"

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Praying for you and little Roscoe. I hope he makes it. Puppy mill people don't care about anything but $$$$.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Just heartbreaking reading your post, I join w/these great EBN members &
pray for you & yours & baby Roscoe. Please keep us updated, GOD bless y'all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.