My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Love to Your Precious Roscoe, I Pray this Baby has a Full Recovery. God Bless Roscoe and You, keep us posted on Your Sweet Baby.

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Just reading this now and my heart breaks for you and your puppy. How is he???

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
Hope your puppy is improving. My little guy had a bad case of pneumonia too - it can be especially dangerous for bulldog puppies - but he came out just fine. I'm praying for yours as well! please also consider getting him pet insurance so you'll never have to worry. Trupanion or Healthy Paws are the best imo. take care!

BulldogMomma

Mar 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King George
Praying for you and sending lots of love your way!! Please keep us updated and know you have support from all of us!!

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I just purchased a puppy 3 days ago on Sunday from SugarPlum and he is currently in a vet hospital

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's so heartbreaking when your puppy gets sick. I'm also sorry that you got scammed by SugarPlum Bulldogs. I spoke with that woman when I was looking for a breeder around here before I got Ruckus. Having had bulldogs before, her whole story sounded shady. After asking around about her, and actually talking to someone who is heavily involved in the bulldog clubs and shows up here, I learned she has a terrible reputation. It's unfortunate, but her breeding goals are not for a great dog that carries on the best traits of the breed; she just wants to make money. She actually isn't a breeder either, she's a broker. She owns a "breeding facility" -- as she called it, aka puppy mill -- in the midwest and she breeds something like 10 dogs at once, which is why she has upwards of 40 and 50 puppies available on any given month. Once the puppies are close to 8 weeks, she transports them to her property in Virginia and sells them for a high price. The entire operation is disgusting. This is all before you realize that she breeds "mini" bulldogs -- breeding runts and sometimes mixing in Boston Terrier to keep the size small.

I'll stop my rant about her and just say I'm so sorry this is happening to you, but if your pup has pneumonia he needs to be on medication and under a vet's care. If you have a good vet, they aren't "scamming" you about this little guy having pneumonia. I hope he gets better and that he has a happy life with your family. Do what you think is best, this must be so hard for you. My thoughts are with you!

oldbaystyle

Feb 5, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Just reading this post now...hope you get it. We got Duchess from Sugarplum a few weeks before you with the same exact issues. Lumps, pneumonia, allergic reactions, puppy strangles, bacterial infections... Would love to swap stories, see how Roscoe is doing, and if we can get anything out of Morgan.

Here is what we went through in the beginning
When she first arrived, she had an allergic reaction to her microchip, which caused a tennis ball-sized lump on her shoulder blade and her vaccination site to abscess. Her lowered immune system earned her a light case of pneumonia. She also had two parasites in her stool. After a couple rounds of antibiotics (three different ones), she seemed to recover.

Enter Red Face. Her face started swelling and get red and itchy. The vet said she had allergies to whatever toys or food we were giving her. Her Highness, like most Bulldogs, already can't handle grain or gluten. But apparently the Duchess also didn't like her grain-free chicken food. Now she is on dog food that only contains Rabbit, Peas, and Tapioca. Her treats were switched out accordingly and toys updated to get rid of any rubber/plastic products that could also trigger a reaction.This seemed to be working.

Enter Red Face 2: Red Harder. Things were starting to get better, but then she got red again and started getting lesions on her face. This time, it was Juvenile Cellulitis, also known as Puppy Strangles. WTF-- who calls a disease puppy strangles. It occurs in puppies with a weakened immune system and includes swelling, lesions, and itching of the face. Prednisone to the rescue for this one. However, we had to treat the secondary symptoms. Because of the cellulitis, she grew out three (THREE! The overachiever) bacteria on her a face: a staph infection, a strep infection, and psuedomonis. The issue here was no antibiotic treated all three of the bacteria. So, we went on a couple more rounds of antibiotics. And things started to look it better.

Enter Red Face 3: Red Face with a Vengeance. You guessed it, red and itchy again. This time, the skin tests showed she has skin mites, transferred to her by her mother, and thankfully, not transmittable to humans. Now she is on some other antibiotic for this.

We are almost over the skin mites and she was able to finally get her rabbies shot without a reaction. But we have to do Parvo shots all over again because she was too weak to complete the treatment earlier.

She did also successfully get spayed. Though the vet did find a urachal remnant that had to be removed as well.

Hope thing are going well with Roscoe...Duchess, knock on wood, seems to be tiring the corner.

Example of red face
IMG_20141231_231740.jpg

Duchess today
IMG_20150311_170415.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13652]oldbaystyle[/MENTION] Whew! You and your Duchess have sure been through the "mill" (as in puppy mill:fie:) but her picture now-she looks great! She sure is the million dollar dog!
I am sorry that you had to go through all this-but it shows what a good person you are to do so-many people would have dumped her.(except the ones who join here!) We all care for our members and their babies-and really wish we could be close enough to really help-but the support that is received "long distance" is so much help! I would also like to know about the pup from [MENTION=13143]Helpmeplease[/MENTION] and hope no one ever buys from that so called breeder. God bless you for what you did for Duchess!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Duchess is beautiful and such a sweet face.

GOD bless you for hanging in there with her!

xxaprilrose

Community Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jovi
Oh man this must be rough! I am so sorry :( I cant even imagine what you are going through. I have never heard of this breeder but I certainly would atleast bring her to court. It sounds like you have a real case on your hands. Also I really, genuinely hope things get better. Keep us in touch!

Janir

Jan 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
I just joined this yesterday and want to share my experience with xxxxxxxx I flew back to DC in May of 2015 to get my puppy (this is my first bulldog) I communicated with Morgan for several months on what I wanted I paid the $1000. Deposit answer she said because of the distance she would Skype the litters when purchasing a puppy from her you are given a pick # and after everyone has picked their puppy ahead of you the rest are for you to pick from Morgan emailed me and sent a picture of what she thought would be what I wanted she wanted me to have first chance she said if she put pictures up he would be scooped up fast needless to say I fell for it and not knowing a lot about bulldogs I said to my daughter he's really bull legged seems he probably had a growth plate injury or as one vet said it's congenital none of the pictures show his right leg he favored it throughout his growing I contacted her and she said to take him to a chiropractor not a vet that this is normal in a bulldog NOT!!That was just the beginning Baxter will be two in February and we have spent over $13,000 in vet bills eyes, soft pallet, (excessive tissue complications) skin, allergic to metal the latest bladder stone, major surgery genetic condition special food for the rest of his life not to mention closely monitored every 3 months ultrasounds for the next two years I sent two emails with a copy of the lab report on the genetic report and asked for a full refund no response so I'm just saying stay away from this breeder she's only good in the beginning until there's an issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Boxer

Nov 30, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello. The same exact thing happened to me. I purchased from the same breeder and I got the same response. I’ve been to 3 vets and they all said do not listen to her medical advice she is not vet. My puppy is currently in ER and we are not sure if he will make it. We have already spent over 4 grand on vet bills not including the 2700 purchase price. Sadly, we have only had him for 2 weeks. I would love to talk, please contact me!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We’re you compensated in anyway?

How old is Duchess now?

I just joined this yesterday and want to share my experience with xxxxxxxx I flew back to DC in May of 2015 to get my puppy (this is my first bulldog) I communicated with Morgan for several months on what I wanted I paid the $1000. Deposit answer she said because of the distance she would Skype the litters when purchasing a puppy from her you are given a pick # and after everyone has picked their puppy ahead of you the rest are for you to pick from Morgan emailed me and sent a picture of what she thought would be what I wanted she wanted me to have first chance she said if she put pictures up he would be scooped up fast needless to say I fell for it and not knowing a lot about bulldogs I said to my daughter he's really bull legged seems he probably had a growth plate injury or as one vet said it's congenital none of the pictures show his right leg he favored it throughout his growing I contacted her and she said to take him to a chiropractor not a vet that this is normal in a bulldog NOT!!That was just the beginning Baxter will be two in February and we have spent over $13,000 in vet bills eyes, soft pallet, (excessive tissue complications) skin, allergic to metal the latest bladder stone, major surgery genetic condition special food for the rest of his life not to mention closely monitored every 3 months ultrasounds for the next two years I sent two emails with a copy of the lab report on the genetic report and asked for a full refund no response so I'm just saying stay away from this breeder she's only good in the beginning until there's an issue

You may want to private message the person... they only ever posted the one time and a private message will send them an email. Best of luck to you and your baby

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.