Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Dr. Dykeman isn't for everyone, some people don't like him that much, but we love him, and when it comes to surgery, there is no one better. Even the vet in Simonton vet clinic, who we take the pups too for their shots, because it is 5 minutes down the road, said she will recommend him to some of her clients if their dog needs a specialty surgery.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] - I understand...either way we've been wanting someone who is experienced with bulldogs, especially bc it seems as he's getting older, more things are coming up. There's always going to be good & bad comments. But I've come across his name in several threads on here, so I believe its worth looking into. Currently Tyson is fine (thank goodness) no issues (besides the allergies) if his eye doesn't clear up in the next couple of days, I may take him to Dr. Dykeman to get checked out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks' eye does not look bad today.... but her is what it looked like a couple weeks ago

cheli and the baby toad 003.jpgcheli and the baby toad 004.jpg

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Banks' eye does not look bad today.... but her is what it looked like a couple weeks ago

View attachment 79894View attachment 79895

Wow @2BullyMama - That is EXACTLY what Ty's eye looks like now! It almost even looks just like him (similar colorings and all) I'm glad hers is getting better. I'll wait it out a few days and hope for the same. Feel much better now.... Thank you for sharing!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow @2BullyMama - That is EXACTLY what Ty's eye looks like now! It almost even looks just like him (similar colorings and all) I'm glad hers are getting better. I'll wait it out a few days and hope for the same. Feel much better now.... Thank you for sharing!!

Her eye has been like this on and off since mid-August, it is definitely something in the air that is bothering just the one eye.

Yes, I think Tyson and Banks are long lost twins.....

July Giz and Hershey 001.jpg

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Her eye has been like this on and off since mid-August, it is definitely something in the air that is bothering just the one eye.

Yes, I think Tyson and Banks are long lost twins.....

View attachment 79896

She's the cutest! They even have the same "brown ear"

Attachments

• Tyman.jpg
    Tyman.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 67

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She's the cutest! They even have the same "brown ear"

What a tank.... he is too handsome, love that face and the little bunny teeth too!

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
Hi there, is the red area really wet? I ask because Canelo was having issues with both eyes, an eye discharge and very watery eyes. I would wipe the area around his eye with a wet rag to keep it clean and as dry as possible. I agree with others, allergies. During this past year I have been switching foods because Canelo has had increasing yeast problems. Right now he's on grain free foods and that is where I saw the biggest improvement with him, the yeast build up in his ears is extremely improved. Last week I started him on Fromm's beef frittata. I will try this for 30 days to see how he's doing but delicate Canelo is slowly improving. You're doing good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hi there, is the red area really wet? I ask because Canelo was having issues with both eyes, an eye discharge and very watery eyes. I would wipe the area around his eye with a wet rag to keep it clean and as dry as possible. I agree with others, allergies. During this past year I have been switching foods because Canelo has had increasing yeast problems. Right now he's on grain free foods and that is where I saw the biggest improvement with him, the yeast build up in his ears is extremely improved. Last week I started him on Fromm's beef frittata. I will try this for 30 days to see how he's doing but delicate Canelo is slowly improving. You're doing good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks - Yes, his eye is very watery & red but just one eye. I've been thinking about possibly trying Fromms - he's been on Natural Balance Salmon / Sweet Potato his whole life (grain free) but his yeast issues are getting worse, please let me know how Canelo does on Fromms!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You may want to have his eye checked out, he may have lashes growing inward rubbing his eye. (Entropion)

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - I looked that up as a possibility, while I don't think that's it, you never know. Sometimes his eye doesn't look that bad, so it's kinda in waves. Anyhow, we have a 8:15am vet appt tomorrow to have it checked out. Pray for me, I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to my baby.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks - Yes, his eye is very watery & red but just one eye. I've been thinking about possibly trying Fromms - he's been on Natural Balance Salmon / Sweet Potato his whole life (grain free) but his yeast issues are getting worse, please let me know how Canelo does on Fromms!

We have Banks on Fromm Pork and Peas ... her yeast issue were horrible till I found the Fromm line. There are other lines just as good too... Nature's Vareity, Taste of the Wild, Orejin, Acanea are a few I can think of

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We have Banks on Fromm Pork and Peas ... her yeast issue were horrible till I found the Fromm line. There are other lines just as good too... Nature's Vareity, Taste of the Wild, Orejin, Acanea are a few I can think of

Yes! That is our next trip after the vet tomorrow. Saturday I'm going to go buy him Fromm's, and start a slow transition to see how he does. I really really hope this helps, and its nothing serious with his eye tomorrow.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@2BullyMama @bullmama @davidh @Blueberrys Mom - Just wanted to update ya'll - We took Tyson to the vet this morning, and the verdict is Allergies! Severe allergies :( Both environmental and possibly food related. She gave us a steroid (Prednisolone), Ketoconazole, and Cephalexin for relief, and said the baby needs to lose at least 10 lbs. Also, she wants his food switched, although he's been on grain free Salmon/Sweet Potato Natural Balance, she said they can get an intolerance to it after a long time... so we need to completely switch the protein, he will be on a 2 month trial, limited to just his food, no treats, no supplements, no nothing to see how he responds. He's not gonna like it too much in the beginning, but we know its for his health, and so very thankful its not anything serious. We're looking into FROMMS, Orejin, and Acanea tonight...I've heard good from all, so wish us luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like Tyson is going to get some relief. The meds given to him will help tremendously! But watch out, they can give you a false sense of security.... The symptoms will likely return a few weeks after the meds are done. Finding the source of the allergies is the hardest (but most important) part.

Check out the allergy article if you haven't already, it will help you in different treatment options.

Tyson is going to be feeling so much better soon!

Members online

No members online now.