Gracie has a bad yeast infection in her ear.

lynngosox

Aug 20, 2014
she showed no signsnof this infection. Found it when we took her tothe vet for anal gland issues. She has been treating wirh antibiotics for a week and is still scratching her ear. Anyone else have problems like this. I cleaned her ears and folds daily now I use what the vet gave me to clean them.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster had an infection in his ear. Stuck with what the vet gave us and it eventually cleared up. I hope she gets better real soon.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
she showed no signsnof this infection. Found it when we took her tothe vet for anal gland issues. She has been treating wirh antibiotics for a week and is still scratching her ear. Anyone else have problems like this. I cleaned her ears and folds daily now I use what the vet gave me to clean them.

Did the vet give her oral meds or ear drops? Buttercup had a severe fungal ear infection when we got her. The vet gave us ketoconazole ear ointment/drops that we put in her ear once daily for 10 days. But she also took oral ketoconazole for a skin fungal infection, so it's hard to say whether one or both meds was responsible for the dramatic improvement. The infection cleared up very well leaving even the vet surprised. Hope Gracie's ear is infection-free soon!

OP
lynngosox

lynngosox

Aug 20, 2014
She put her on gentizol ear drops only for 2 weeks we go back to the vet Thursday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Whenever Banks had an ear infection, our vet always gave two antibiotics... One ear drop and one oral

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.