Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
I clean it daily and use anti fungal cream. That used to work. Now it's back within 24hrs. The yeast I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It could be the food, or it could be environmental right now. I know in my neighborhood, a ton of dogs have horrible allergies right now.
Should be getting better very soon though.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
e67cce482c5be44f47e692506964b07e.jpg

Here is his 'clean' wrinkle. It's never ever been this bad. It has never gone further than his nose. Never down into the side of his face. Like I said, this is clean. When I wipe it out, the cotton ball is clean.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
e67cce482c5be44f47e692506964b07e.jpg

Here is his 'clean' wrinkle. It's never ever been this bad. It has never gone further than his nose. Never down into the side of his face. Like I said, this is clean. When I wipe it out, the cotton ball is clean.

Oh yeah that looks very icky, what do you use to clean it with? I'd use malacetic otic ultra or panalog ointment. The food could be causing this issue, or it could just be not enough beneficial bacteria to ward off the bad.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oops I see you use anti fungal, but it could be a combination of yeast and bacteria.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Brad just called and said Bo puked in his house (cage). It was all whole food. Not bile. He said Bo has been asleep all day and definitely hasn't had anything to eat all day?? So I guess he isn't digesting it?

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
this was my thought too.... cleaning agent or something in the lawn

Glad he is doing better, and hope you find what he is allergic to soon.

What about a fish formula? Blue did very well on Fromms Salmon Tunalini.

I found a store where I can buy Fromm. I'm kind of lost at this point as to what is going on with him after he puked up whole food that he ate yesterday. He's been on lamb chicken and now beef. Do you guys think the salmon is the way to go?? Thanks for your advice [emoji20]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I found a store where I can buy Fromm. I'm kind of lost at this point as to what is going on with him after he puked up whole food that he ate yesterday. He's been on lamb chicken and now beef. Do you guys think the salmon is the way to go?? Thanks for your advice [emoji20]

Try pork and peas or game bird.... Re-reading the thread, I'd do pork and peas, it does not have any white potato which could add to the yeast issue

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with Christine [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] try the Pork and Peas, or Game Bird.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
if the nose rope isn't clearing up with the anti-fungal cream, like [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] said it's probably bacterial.

the throwing up is odd, but i don't think it's related to a protein allergy or he'd be throwing up all the time. i'd probably take him to a vet at this point so they can do a culture on the nose rope and give you the correct meds. would also mention the vomiting.
if you can, maybe put him on a bland diet of boiled chicken or hamburger with rice to settle his stomach, and then slowly incorporate a new kibble after he's able to hold everything down for awhile.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Update!! Bo's nose wrinkle is back to normal. He's been on Fromm's pork and applesauce since beginning of November. He loves it and has no problems :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww that's great news, I'm so glad you found a protein that he tolerates. We are currently feeding our guys Fromm's Lamb and Lentil with food results so far. I hope he continues to improve on this new food.

- - - Updated - - -

Aww that's great news, I'm so glad you found a protein that he tolerates. We are currently feeding our guys Fromm's Lamb and Lentil with food results so far. I hope he continues to improve on this new food.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update!! Bo's nose wrinkle is back to normal. He's been on Fromm's pork and applesauce since beginning of November. He loves it and has no problems :)

GREAT news.... now where is the picture?? :tapfoot:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.