Douxo Pads

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
I wanted to know if anyone has used Douxo pads? My Bully's face was becoming quite infected and red and we just got some and have seen a fast improvement. :bully:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I just use baby wipes. But would like to try these.
Where do you get them at?

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we just use baby wipes on lex. really hadnt ever had any problems with his face getting red though, glad they work where did you get them from?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Wonder if they are good for the tail too. Bella doesn't have a tail pocket, but when her SIBO (runs and wet gas) acts up she gets real red and sore under her tail. I have been afraid to wipe with a baby wipe because that will add moisture.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=1722]Terry[/MENTION]........ Have you considered looking into changing food? Lots of times allergy issues cause the problems you are having. You can have your bully on the absolute best food available and if it isn't right for your bully they can break out. It may be worth looking into.

OP
Terry

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
I bought the pads from a vet medication supply on-line, Bubbles has a very deep nose rope and the baby wipes did not really help much. I think she had yeast and after three days with these pads it's gone. I have her on Orijen, I really don't think the food is the issue.:cool:

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
These appear to be similar to Mal-A-Ket wipes. They are Chlorhexidine wipes used for pimples/acne, wrinkles and interdigital cysts. They are sold on Amazon.com from Entirely Pets. I use the Mal-A-Ket wipes which do the same thing.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
The vet also gave these to me about two days ago for Gator. Under his rope also got icky in a DAY even with the use of baby wipes. It seems to be looking a little better. I have been using these wipes and then drying and putting a tiny bit of Desitin to help keep the moisture off of his skin. I have also been wiping his tear stains and acne. I am thinking his rope got icky because we spent a long day at the park and it is getting really warm here in the high 70's. I suspect he got sweaty and maybe I didn't dry under there well enough after cleaning? I will keep ya'll posted on how these are working.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I first got duoxo pads from the vet ages ago for Maggie because her wrinkles got so red and sore! All of a sudden it flared up again about 4-6weeks ago for no apparent reason, so I'm thinking that seasonal allergies are making her eyes water a little more than usual. The vet charged us $25 for a pot but I got the exact same pot and duoxo wipes from amazon.com for $7.95!!!

Also, because I'm a cheap @rse ...... :hahaha: I found that you can split them in half pretty easy!!!! :yes: So double the amount of duoxo pads!!

AMart79

Jul 18, 2011
Buster had a little infection on his neck area, like where his folds are under his collar. The vet told us to use these wipes and the shampoo. He's pretty much knocked it out so it worked well for us.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
Yes, I have actually used the Duoxo pads. I got them from the vet and they work VERY good. I used them for a specific problem on the face, but I certainly see that they could also be used for tear stains and other problems as well. I see that someone was able to buy on-line which would be cheaper than from the vet.

They are very good to have and keep on hand.

Good Day~

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I wish I could say that using plain Baby wipes did the trick for Maximus, but they don't ...... He has alot of Face wrinkles, and they are always red and irritated. I've tried everything from baby wipies, powder, Desitin cream, Mal-a-Ket wipes, and the Douxo Pads ..... which are nothing more than pads soaked in Chlorhexidine. When I showed the red irritated wrinkles to my Vet, he
gave me a large Jug of Chlorhexidine solution which I use with a cotton ball to cleanse the wrinkles on a daily basis, and this is the only thing that works for Maximus' red, irritated face wrinkles. The 'pads' just don't have the same concentration of chlorhexidine in them, and they are expensive to keep using .......

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.