OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hello,

Opie has an upset tummy. Last night he went outside to go potty and his stool was very runny, no form to it at all. About 5 minutes later when we were inside he just sat down and all his food came up, there was no struggle or gagging involved.
He was acting fine, nothing out of the ordinary, than after an hour of being in bed he threw up again, it wasn't as much and it was more liquidy. After we cleaned that up we all went back to bed and a couple hours later he threw up again, but this time it was barely anything, and once again he was acting fine. We all went back to bed and slept the rest of the night. When we woke up he was acting fine and didn't throw up but when we went outside he had at first lose but a bit of firm stool than there was nothing firm about it again.
We haven't fed him anything since dinner last night, which was around 6 pm. We put up his water too, but we gave him a little this morning and he hasn't thrown up.

Anyone else had an experience like this? I really hope its just a little bug. If he throws up again we will take him to the vet.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I'm sorry Youre going through this with Opie, and I hope he feels better soon. If he just has a tummy bug, it should clear up in a day or two. It's okay to not feed him a couple of meals or to feed him a bland diet to give his tummy a rest, but don't restrict his water, because he has diarrhea and vomiting, and you don't want him to dehydrate. Is there any chance he could have have swallowed something?, that you're not aware of like a piece of a toy? Keep an eye on him and watch for signs of an obstruction, such as the vomiting, diarrhea, lethargic behaviour, or drooling water from the mouth.
My male Dozer has swallowed socks on 4 different occasions, and a dish cloth, and he only showed signs of an obstruction on one of those occasions, he ate, drank, and played normal. He was always able to either poop them out or throw them up, it took one of the socks a whole month before he threw it up. If he continues to vomit, I would take him to the vet and have him checked out. Please keep us posted on now he's doing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor little guy.... sounds exactly like what Banks had about a month ago.... you'll need a trip to the vet for the anti-nausea pill and place him on the bland diet for a few days

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Chumley did the exact same thing a few months ago..we went to the vet and he got a shot and bland diet for 2 days and he was fine.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Maude had that one evening, it scared me-but then it didn't happen again.Didn't see anything odd in the vomit. Hope your Opie will be okay.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I agree with the gang, although if you are sure nothing else is going on, you can get Pepcid antacid over the counter for much less money than a prescription. the active ingredient in Pepcid is Famotidine, which is exactly what the vet is going to give you. so this med with a bland diet of boiled sirloin and rice for five days and your baby should be good as new. Of course if you don't see a drastic difference withing a couple of days, you need to see the vet.

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Thank you for all the replys!!! He seems to be doing much much better. We even gave him about 1/4 cup of food and he has kept it down.

OP
OpieRay

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Well Opie has been on a bland diet and he has stopped throwing up, still is acting normal, but his still is still very lose, except in the mornings they are solid...think we will be contacting the vet Monday. Feel bad for him and don't understand how is stomach is not ok but he is acting normal. :(

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well Opie has been on a bland diet and he has stopped throwing up, still is acting normal, but his still is still very lose, except in the mornings they are solid...think we will be contacting the vet Monday. Feel bad for him and don't understand how is stomach is not ok but he is acting normal. :(

Most dogs and people too develop loose stools after a gastric virus of some sort… he's just getting it all out of his system. Have you added some pure pumpkin to his food? That might help firm things up a bit...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.