any advice please

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
Hi we got peggy sue 3 days ago, before coming to us she was being fed scraps, i have put her on to forthglade which is very similar to natures menu i also add pasta to this, she loves it but she hardly drinks any water at all i think i have seen her take around 6 sips since shes been with us, she only goes pee twice a day and now is a little bit constipated which im assuming is the food switch over so will get pumpkin to help her out, but is it normal to only pee twice a day and not drink?
thanks in advance

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Have you taken her to the vet to get an initial check-up?!! I would suggest getting a vet check to make sure she's up to date on everything… how old is she?!! I'm not familiar w/your dog food, but doing a slow transition is best… maybe mixing her kibble w/chicken or sirloin w/rice. I would be concerned about the lack of drinking water, but it could be that she's just getting used to her environment.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi [MENTION=13093]tracematt[/MENTION], we had another member who's new bully was also having issues with not drinking much water. I believe they rescued her and she was still getting used to her new home. Your bulldog may just need some time to adjust. Pumpkin (the pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling), is very high in fiber so may help w/the constipation.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
also not drinking enough fluids can be part of constipation problem. Try adding some water,or plain broth to her food.

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
Hi she has been to the vets she's 2 yrs old we started her vacs again as the lady couldn't find her vac card so thought it best she was wormed nails clipped and she also has hives which we was given shampoo for and anti biotic she doesn't start her anti biotic until Saturday tho due to giving time for the vaccine to take effect hopefully she will start drinking soon then but in the meantime I shall follow advice given and pour some liquid onto her food. Thanks guys appreciate it .

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
You need to get you baby on a decent diet. Pets at home have done thing for everyone ( for all budgets ) I am trying out the new wainrights at the mo. My 3 bully's love it. It's cut out everything which could give off allergies.
I mix in a spoon of coconut oil 1000 kg from eBay for 6 quid.
I water it a bit and put it over there kibble. The extra water will help.
Coconut oil has many benefits . The main one is digestive system. Lovely coats, less hair loss. Etc.

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
Hiya are you familiar with forthglade? do you think this is the wrong food for her i thought it was a pretty good food, i get this from pets at home, i added water to her food today and she seemed to poop easier today. i have been reading about coconut oil and purchased some today so will start that tomorrow, have also been reading about epsom salts for soaking paws, as her paws and inbetween her toes are very red no cysts just very red so will try soaking them with epsom salts see how we go.

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
also can i ak which wainrights you use as just had a look and theres so many to choose from

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
also can i ak which wainrights you use as just had a look and theres so many to choose from

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414709145.034525.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414709157.750292.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414709167.584159.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414709180.717222.jpg

It's new. It roughly costs £35 for a 10kg bag.
But when you read what's is in it it looks a winner.
Getting the diet sorted out will prob help the feet problem.

Please note bully's aren't like any dog in as much as when you change food it needs to be slow and easy.
Week 1 - put in 1/4 of new food
Week 2 - put in 1/2
And so on. If you change straight away you could end up with an upset tummy.

Hope this helps ya [emoji1]

There's other good brands like burns - barking heads etc.

OP
T

tracematt

Oct 27, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
peggy sue
Great thanks very much really appreciate that :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.