I have a couple of questions...

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
We took our two little tubs to Petsmart today to be weighed. I was surprised, Gertie weighs 48 pounds and Ida is 46 1/2 pounds. So since I'm still pretty new to this breed, I was wondering at what age do females typically reach their adult size and weight? And when do they usually come into heat the first time? I know these things vary from breed to breed.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow they are a good size. They are what, about 8 months old? That is what their weight should be on average for a full grown female. Perhaps they need to go on a bit of a diet? But if they are built like my Jesse much of it could just be 'mass'. It is definitely time to keep an eye on their weight.

As for heat, I think they will generally have their first heat at around 9 months old. Every 6 months average after that. Yuna is almost a year however, and she has not had hers yet, so that all varies too.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Wow that is big, Bella is just over a year and 37lbs. She is small because of her EPI, but I am beginning to love this size. Abby topped out at 65, but now with timed feedings and better food she lost 7 lbs and looks great! She is long legged, so her weight doesn't look that bad on her.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Since Silva has been 10 months or so to now she has weighed between 56-61 lbs. Since she has been on Fromm she weighs 56-57 lbs and the Vet is happy with her weight. Dont know about "heat" Silva has spayed.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm no help with either of your questions. HRH is a petite 41lbs. That's part of what we liked about her when we found her. We knew she was on the small side for a bully.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Wow, your girls are robust little ladies - they are as big as Truman, who is a little older than they are and a male. He weighs 46 pounds (as of Tuesday) and is in good shape, though I know he has much more growing to do. I suspect he will top out around 55-60 pounds like Bentley. As [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] said, I would keep an eye on their weight because, take it from Linus, it is hard to get that weight off once it goes on!

My bullies never got to full size until they were about 18 months old. They kept growing and changing until that point, when they really filled out in the head and chest.

As far as heat goes, I believe the females go into heat at about 6-9 months. Are you planning on getting the girls spayed yet?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie is a tiny little butterball of a girl at 35lbs .... and she came on heat at about 9 months. She's spayed now but we did that later ... she didn't come into heat again until about a year later.

I have a question about our long-legged skinny looking Daddy ...he's going to be 6 months in a weeks time and he weighs about 33lb is that about right for a male bulldog. It's funny because all of a sudden his lower jaw is starting to protude just a tiny bit but he's still all long and gangly legged that we still seriously wonder whether he's all english bullie or not ............ Maggie was a little butterball from start to finish!!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Well, I stayed in the car while my husband took the girls in to get weighed. So their weighing may or may not be accurate. He swears he did it right. I expect them to be on the bigger size, Gertie's Dad weighs 80 lbs. Ida's Dad was 75 lbs. Both have average sized Mothers. They don't seem fat, but I will keep an eye on it.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy is 18.4kg think thats around ermmmm errrrr 36lbs she should ideally be 17kgs but the vets happy with her at the moment but is gonna keep an eye on her weight, shes just changed on to junior mix food from puppy , less protein and fat content, and her walka are going up from 20 mins daily to 30 mins :) ha she hates that :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online