Roxi OVERATE!!! HELP!!!!

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
My 7 month old baby tore a hole in my boyfriends dogs food while we were gone. I don't know how much she ate, the hole was small. Her tummy is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: She has thrown up:barf: about 5 times (semi-solid food chunks) and has gone poop a lot (runny/ semi-solid:poo:). She is acting normal other than just a little slower and uncomfortable. I have given her 1/2 tsp. pepto and ice chips and she is drinking water. I can hear her belch and fart every now and then. I'm terrified something is wrong.:*( What should I do? Any suggestions? When will she be back to normal? :confused::pray:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Jozi did the same thing tonight. I think she will be OK. Just will
take some time for all the food to pass. As I type she just puked
again. But hey its OK cause she cleaned it up herself.

Like I said I think it will just take some time to pass threw. I know
I have eaten to much before and it just makes me hurt for
awhile but after a bit I'm OK.

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
How funny! We are from the same area too! Must be the snow! Lol.
I sure hope it passes soon. I feel a long night ahead of me. Hopefully she is ok.
Thanks for your reply.

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
I called earlier but they would only give a little info. Said give pepto and watch her and if she's acting weird brig her in the morning. Hopefully she just poops it out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I would call your vet and ask what symptoms to look for in case. I personally cannot see how she is behaving, but you are her mommie. Go with your gut. It may be a wasted trip to the vet but just in case you may want to be sure.

I know you have probably figured out by now, you cannot leave anything laying around. Sometimes it is not safe even if you put it up! :eek: Just like toddlers. Small toys they can swallow, things they can access or damage.... all of it has to be child- or in this case- bulldog proof!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Ireland did the same thing before all the dogs were on the same food, She threw up a few times and pooed alot. It took her about 5 hours to be "normal" what ever that is lol...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=1704]RoxiBear[/MENTION]
Vegas knocked about 5 days rations off the counter and he ate it all. I called our vet and they asked what he was doing at that exact moment. I said "watching my husband eat..begging". The doctor said "He'll be fine". His stomach was so huge, but he didn't throw up at all.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This has also happened to me, only with marshmallows. I was making Rice Krispie Treats for a party and had 4 1-pound bag of marshmallows. For some reason, Linus sniffed them out and ate all of them out of the cupboard while I was out. He ate a full 4 pounds of marshmallows plus some of the bag. He was a mess - vomiting and pooping - for a good 8 hours and he drank a ton before he returned to normal.

I think, unless something happens that is really out of sort - blood in the vomit or stool - you might wait to see if things calm down once the food is passed. Chances are things will be fine but the ER vet will charge you for a visit and probably some subcutaneous fluids, which are likely not necessary at this point.

Please let us know how she does and, as desertsky says, if your gut is telling you something is very wrong, take her in to the vet. You know her best.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Don't freak out. Roxi will be fine. Might just
have a full belly for awhile. I'm don't mean to
be dismissive about this but that GVD you would
have notice signs before. My Great Dane had
it and you will notice a huge change in them.

If Roxi vomited from over eating I wouldn't
be worried. I hate to sound so passive but
if it were Jozi, which she did the same thing
tonight, I'd just put her to bed and let her sleep
it off.

Terry

Jan 16, 2011
Central Valley, California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubbles
Sorry to "freak you out" bloat is something as a Bully owner we all should be aware of, they are deep chested dogs. Notice with bloat they are unable to vomit, it is important to know the signs and symptoms of the worse case. I hope your baby is doing well.

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
LeRoy did that on several occasions. And each time he was fine. Just keep an eye on those pups.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.