Need help with my bulldogs skin

Bearface

Oct 27, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain
image.jpg Would anyone know what this is we have lived at the vet for the past few weeks and nothing works any input would help thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, this looks sore. I'm not sure 100% what this would be, but it could be a hot spot, that may be infected or a staph infection? Not sure, but soaking the area in apple cider vinegar and warm water or Epsom salts and warm water may help. What has the vet said it is? Has the vet done a skin scraping to diagnose it? What type of medication/creams has he given you to treat Captain?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor baby! That look incredibly painful. Where are you located, see if we can find a better vet for a second opinion. What is your current vet saying and prescribing?

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
if it is a hot spot Chlorhexadine works fast - is he scratching at it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If your vet, as the others have said, has not done a skin scraping,that should be the thing to do. Is there any chance that he was bitten by another dog or a wild animal?
I will assume that a scraping HAS been done and it is negative. I would recommend looking up NU Stock on the internet,if you have tried everything, I know I am a broken record-but it has done amazing things over the years for my animals, for external injuries. If you do use it, you must squeeze the tube around real well to mix it. Years ago it came in jars and was much easier to use.

OP
B

Bearface

Oct 27, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Captain
Thanks for the info we went to a new vet today Dr. Butchko in riverside he shaved him scrubbed it clean added some liquid med and sent us home with a bad of goodies for captain antibiotics , medicated soap ,medicated spray ,Vitamins and supplements said we should see 100% improvement in about 7to 10 days will keep you posted on the little guy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks for the info we went to a new vet today Dr. Butchko in riverside he shaved him scrubbed it clean added some liquid med and sent us home with a bad of goodies for captain antibiotics , medicated soap ,medicated spray ,Vitamins and supplements said we should see 100% improvement in about 7to 10 days will keep you posted on the little guy

Did he say what it is or what caused it?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.