URGENT!!! Rumble has hives

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Help. Rumble developed hives and I don't know how serious they are. He has them all over his body but not his head or his face. We just went on a walk but we were on the same path as always.
46c9b8c45108a21ac6325d7feb246ac1.jpg
6f2dd641e5eca5b32611e05d7c9f7105.jpg

Do I take him to the emergency clinic or use benadryl or cortisone cream? Do I bath him?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Give him Benedryl. 2 tablets

- - - Updated - - -

He probably got bit by a spider or a bee sting. Watch his breathing any change and go to ER....

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree with Christine, she gave you great advice already. Hives are a sign of allergies, and can be caused by so many things, environmental grasses, trees, pollens, insect or spider bites, new soaps, shampoos, cleaners, laundry soaps, air fresheners, or carpet freshner powders. They can be also caused by new foods or treats. Bulldozer has had hives a few times, and I never was able to pinpoint the exact cause, but Benadryl always clears them up in a day or two. Most of the time hives are not dangerous, but you want to watch for more severe allergy symptoms like swelling of the face, mouth or eyes, and difficulty breathing, which is more serious and needs a vet. I hope Rumble is okay.

OP
tiffykay06

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
Thank you! He actually had three hives on his neck that he scratched and opened so I took him to the ER vet. First time experience with hives and I just wanted to make sure he would be okay. They gave him two shots, sent him home with pills and told us to increase his benadryl dosage. Luckily this morning most of the hives had gone away. Now I am better prepared for next time!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.