Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Let me give you a little background:

I have spent SO much time reading up on bully health; watching videos, reading articles, and reading forums.

This past Saturday all this research paid off. Goob was playing with my husband outside and brought a HUGE stick inside. I came into the kitchen to hear my husband somewhat laughing and saying, "look at what Goob is doing!" But after a few seconds passed, we looked at each other and gave each other the "something is wrong" eyes. I IMMEDIATELY knew that Goob was having a Idiopathic Head Tremor. His head was shaking but you could tell he was totally happy and responsive. He took treats and was trying to play. He snapped out of it after a good minute but I knew the second I saw him what it was. My husband immediately got online and he said, "Wow, how did you know? That's exactly what it was!"

I want to give [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] and all EBN members a very sincere, heart felt THANK YOU. The articles and the responses were exactly what I needed. I probably would have been a hysterical lunatic if I witnessed Goob's head tremor and not known what it was. As it went, I couldn't eat all day and I was watching him like a hawk just in case he had another one...with my camera near by!

"Thank you" doesn't even come close to representing the gratitude I have for you guys but for now...it's all I can say! I believe that it's true that God gives us comfort through our trials so we can in turn, pass comfort on to other people. You guys have used your trials bless me. I know you wouldn't have asked to watch your babies suffer but with you sharing your struggles, you have personally bless my life.
2014-08-30 16.31.20.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy the information helped.... It is why we are all here. To share learn and help make happy healthy Bullies!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I know the feeling of panic when you first se a head tremor. It's so great you were informed and prepared. Chum had his first ones prior to me being a member of EBN and it was nightmarish..You were smart and did your homework...I discovered EBN after the fact trolling the internet for information. He still gets them but they're harmless..in his case a little treat immediately snaps him out of it..I went to 2 different vets and spent some $$$ only to be told and realize it happens with bullies. Glad Goob is okay!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So happy that you were well informed. The first time Vegas did this I flipped out!!! My hubby was playing keep away with Vegas favorite stuffie toy. I immediately came to the site and told what happened. So many told me to just distract him. He has done this several times in his 5.5 yrs of life. Now I know what to do and he snaps out of it. STILL SCAREY to see though!! Always does it when super excited or nervous. One time we were at the vet's office and a big dog kept barking at Vegas and he started, the vet actually seen it in person and just got down on the floor and snapped Vegas out of it.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad the info helped. That's what EBN is all about, great info and even greater peeople.

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
GIad Goob Is better , he is one of my faves here give him scratches from us please:angelheart::inlove:

Aww, thank you so much! Scratching away.....

Attachments

• 20140223_145258.jpg
    20140223_145258.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 122

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I could have written the same exact post you did! I did not totally freak out because I knew what it was-- thanks to the members here!!!

I love this place, love the members!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad that you were able to recognize what was going on w/Goob… and Thanks to Cheryl [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] for taping all those seizures w/Vegas so that others can see what happens. I can't tell you how much this site has helped me & my babies...

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I don't know what to say.....except maybe explain why I started doing what I did.

When Vegas first was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy....I went to Youtube and googled Bulldog seizure. The very first video that came up was a small puppy dreaming. We've all seen puppies dreaming...and it was completely obvious that this is what it was. Except...the person who posted the video obviously didn't know and I ended up reading some of the harshest comments pertaining to that video. I never did find a video that matched what Vegas went thru....so I created my own youtube channel and waited and waited until he finally had a grandmal seizure that I caught on video.
I then made the choice to post the video....explaining the reason behind it, that "yes he is on medication" and "yes, he has a neurologist". I also asked that people be kind with their comments and to know that this was for informational purposes only. Now when you go to youtube and you type "Bulldog Seizure" ....Vegas is the first and third video to come up. Both of those top two videos have over 26,000 and 30,000 views. Interestingly enough....neither of those were the original video. (that would be the 6th video)

Even though that was my request....haters always hate. Mean people comment and say horrible things about him suffering and me being a horrible person because I video instead of stopping it.

As if I could stop it.

I leave them up and I take the mean comments because those videos have helped so many people find comfort. It's led so many people to EBN.....

Why not take our experiences and help others?

So...thank you! You saying what you said and what others have said just reinforce my reasoning for posting our video.

And....I'm so glad Goob is doing well. It's something that is so very common in our beloved breed....but something that is hard to watch our precious ones go thru.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Stories like this is what makes what we do here worth it. That's why we are here, is to help each other, and be here for each other. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.