Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default A special thanks to Libra926 and ALL EBN Members

Let me give you a little background:

I have spent SO much time reading up on bully health; watching videos, reading articles, and reading forums.

This past Saturday all this research paid off. Goob was playing with my husband outside and brought a HUGE stick inside. I came into the kitchen to hear my husband somewhat laughing and saying, "look at what Goob is doing!" But after a few seconds passed, we looked at each other and gave each other the "something is wrong" eyes. I IMMEDIATELY knew that Goob was having a Idiopathic Head Tremor. His head was shaking but you could tell he was totally happy and responsive. He took treats and was trying to play. He snapped out of it after a good minute but I knew the second I saw him what it was. My husband immediately got online and he said, "Wow, how did you know? That's exactly what it was!"

I want to give @Libra926 and all EBN members a very sincere, heart felt THANK YOU. The articles and the responses were exactly what I needed. I probably would have been a hysterical lunatic if I witnessed Goob's head tremor and not known what it was. As it went, I couldn't eat all day and I was watching him like a hawk just in case he had another one...with my camera near by!

"Thank you" doesn't even come close to representing the gratitude I have for you guys but for now...it's all I can say! I believe that it's true that God gives us comfort through our trials so we can in turn, pass comfort on to other people. You guys have used your trials bless me. I know you wouldn't have asked to watch your babies suffer but with you sharing your struggles, you have personally bless my life.
    -2014-08-30-16-31-20-jpg

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A special thanks to Libra926 and ALL EBN Members

So happy the information helped.... It is why we are all here. To share learn and help make happy healthy Bullies!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

I know the feeling of panic when you first se a head tremor. It's so great you were informed and prepared. Chum had his first ones prior to me being a member of EBN and it was nightmarish..You were smart and did your homework...I discovered EBN after the fact trolling the internet for information. He still gets them but they're harmless..in his case a little treat immediately snaps him out of it..I went to 2 different vets and spent some $$$ only to be told and realize it happens with bullies. Glad Goob is okay!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

So happy that you were well informed. The first time Vegas did this I flipped out!!! My hubby was playing keep away with Vegas favorite stuffie toy. I immediately came to the site and told what happened. So many told me to just distract him. He has done this several times in his 5.5 yrs of life. Now I know what to do and he snaps out of it. STILL SCAREY to see though!! Always does it when super excited or nervous. One time we were at the vet's office and a big dog kept barking at Vegas and he started, the vet actually seen it in person and just got down on the floor and snapped Vegas out of it.

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

GIad Goob Is better , he is one of my faves here give him scratches from us please

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad the info helped. That's what EBN is all about, great info and even greater peeople.
    My smooshy face boy!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by schimpfy View Post
    GIad Goob Is better , he is one of my faves here give him scratches from us please
    Aww, thank you so much! Scratching away.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -20140223_145258-jpg  

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I could have written the same exact post you did! I did not totally freak out because I knew what it was-- thanks to the members here!!!

I love this place, love the members!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I'm so glad that you were able to recognize what was going on w/Goob… and Thanks to Cheryl @Libra926 for taping all those seizures w/Vegas so that others can see what happens. I can't tell you how much this site has helped me & my babies...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm so flag Goob is okay.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't know what to say.....except maybe explain why I started doing what I did.

When Vegas first was diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy....I went to Youtube and googled Bulldog seizure. The very first video that came up was a small puppy dreaming. We've all seen puppies dreaming...and it was completely obvious that this is what it was. Except...the person who posted the video obviously didn't know and I ended up reading some of the harshest comments pertaining to that video. I never did find a video that matched what Vegas went thru....so I created my own youtube channel and waited and waited until he finally had a grandmal seizure that I caught on video.
    I then made the choice to post the video....explaining the reason behind it, that "yes he is on medication" and "yes, he has a neurologist". I also asked that people be kind with their comments and to know that this was for informational purposes only. Now when you go to youtube and you type "Bulldog Seizure" ....Vegas is the first and third video to come up. Both of those top two videos have over 26,000 and 30,000 views. Interestingly enough....neither of those were the original video. (that would be the 6th video)

Even though that was my request....haters always hate. Mean people comment and say horrible things about him suffering and me being a horrible person because I video instead of stopping it.

As if I could stop it.

I leave them up and I take the mean comments because those videos have helped so many people find comfort. It's led so many people to EBN.....

Why not take our experiences and help others?

So...thank you! You saying what you said and what others have said just reinforce my reasoning for posting our video.

And....I'm so glad Goob is doing well. It's something that is so very common in our beloved breed....but something that is hard to watch our precious ones go thru.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I'm glad the info helped. That's what EBN is all about, great info and even greater peeople.
    Exactly how I feel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads