Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella Grace
I've had Ella for about 5 weeks now and in the last 4-5 days I've noticed-
a few spots of hair loss on lower back down by her nubbin tail
dark pink bumps without white head on chin
louder snoring and more snorting when awake

She has an appt on Saturday but I'm curious now...what could this be?
a couple things come to mind-

I recently switched from Diamond naturals grain free lamb and something to diamond naturals chicken and rice bc my boxer seems to be allergic to the lamb. Symptoms also seemed to begin when it started getting chiller outside and heat had to be turned on inside. Another thing is since it's getting cold outside I'm wondering if fleas could be a culprit since they are really looking for warm and cozy.

so...educated people of this wonderful forum....what do you think is more likely? She has firm stools, doesn't appear to be itchy or scratching at all, no ear problems, etc.

thanks guys!!

OP
M

meganmarie

Sep 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ella Grace
Oh and the bald spots-no red, no dandruff, no crusty nothing. Skin appears to be healthy, coat is pretty and shiney. Just no hair, not circles either

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hair loss could be a number of things… food or environmental allergies, or a skin infection. If you could post a pic that would be great…

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You've already done a great job at trying to find the culprit. Any of the things you pointed out could be causing the reaction her skin is having. I would try going back to her other food first to see if that helps.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Picture would help..... but I'm thinking allergic reaction to weather change or food

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Like [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] said I would switch her back to the lamb grain free before anything else and see if it helps.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.