? Regarding anal glands on my EB puppy

lynngosox

Aug 20, 2014
Have question regarding Gracie. She is a10 month old EB she has been dragging her bottom on carpet and twirling a lot on butt. So much she has a little cut on her. Can this be her anal glands or from cut. Is she to young for anal gland problems?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
It could be that her anal glands need to be expressed or it could be she is itchy in that area from an infection or other irritation.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How is her tail? Anal glands hardly ever give trouble so young, but if she has a tail pocket that could be infected.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed.... could be her glands need to be expressed or she has a tail pocket that need cleaning

OP
lynngosox

lynngosox

Aug 20, 2014
Gracie really doesn't have a tail its maybe an inch and and she doesnt have a bone in it

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I dont know what a tail pocket is?

Atail pocket is like a little cave under the tail; may of us that have bullies with cork screw tails (both my girls) have to deal with the tail pocket. My girls get theirs cleaned every 48 hours regardless if they need it or not. Its a really deep crease under the tail. We have a complete first aid kit just for the girls that has witch hazel, cotton balls, foot powder, tucks pads, noxema pads, alchohol, rubber gloves, hemorroid cream, monistate cream, make up remover pads, etc just for tail pockets and wrinkles. We also use a water pik (old one) for the tail pocket, it works great.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.