Yucca Intensive

Scott Ross

Feb 19, 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley
I learned of this item (Yucca Intensive)here on the site. Barkley has had some breakouts the past few weeks and I assumed it's been some seasonal allergies. Anyway, I decided to try this product out. After 3 days, I've seen some pretty amazing results. Skin is clearing up, and his itching has disappeared. Just wanted to share and give feedback to those who were curious about this stuff.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Great looking bully!! Will have to check this out. Thank you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love when info from the members helps another bully baby..... He is a very handsome boy

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
That is fantastic to read! I just ordered some 2 days ago off Amazon. Farley started on it tonight.(Only did half the dose at first). I am really hoping it will help him. When he is on prednisone he is a wild man that thinks he is starving. I much rather try this out and see if it will be an alternative to prednisone. That would be GREAT!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Please keep us updated too, although I've heard about it I've never tried it.

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Keep us posted on the yucca. We tried it and ended up trying something else due to another health issue at the time.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Quick update~I started Farley on the full dose last night and with today's meals. Today was his scheduled bath day and I have to say his skin is looking better already. His feet and toes aren't red and inflamed and his over all skin is less pink.
I know he hasn't been taking this very long at all but I am starting to get excited by the relief he is getting yesterday and today. He isn't red on his belly area and the itchiness is less intense today. His old hives are drying up and a few of his little sores that he did to himself from scratching so bad last week are almost gone. I'm going to continue using it and see how he does.

So far so good! :up:

Attachments

• Farley close.JPG
    Farley close.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 140

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, this is awesome news!!! Paws crossed it keeps going well for you both! [MENTION=13241]JennyBean[/MENTION] [MENTION=11176]Scott Ross[/MENTION]

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] Thank you! We hope it continues to help, so I don't have to get him on steroids so often. *paws crossed* :pray:

beckylu00

Apr 29, 2014
[MENTION=11176]Scott Ross[/MENTION] how is barkley doing for far? Is barkley stil taking yucca intensive? I just foind out my Rocco has allergies it's more environmental and I was wondering if this is something I could try and give him instead of doing the whole process of shot

OP
Scott Ross

Scott Ross

Feb 19, 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley
@Scott Ross how is barkley doing for far? Is barkley stil taking yucca intensive? I just foind out my Rocco has allergies it's more environmental and I was wondering if this is something I could try and give him instead of doing the whole process of shot

Sorry for the late response. Barkley has been off the Yucca since the winter season. At this point, no skin issuses, but I'm gonna use the Yucca if we have a flare up. Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is fantastic to read! I just ordered some 2 days ago off Amazon. Farley started on it tonight.(Only did half the dose at first). I am really hoping it will help him. When he is on prednisone he is a wild man that thinks he is starving. I much rather try this out and see if it will be an alternative to prednisone. That would be GREAT!

How did this do for Farley?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] Farley did good for a while then he had an bad flare up this Jan. Apparently he had food allergies and developed an yeast infection on his skin. The vet had us stop all supplements and treats with meat. He is now on a food trial and at this time still on vegetarian kibble. He had to be on steroids and an antibiotic for a month. This along with medicated bathes every other day killed the yeast on his skin.

I haven't started the Yucca Intensive up yet. The vet feels that he is going to be one of those bullies that have an over active immune system and will need low does of steroid when having a flare up in the future.

I still had some good results in the beginning with Yucca. But I didn't know we had an under lying food allergy to meat proteins and a yeast over growth.

I believe this is still a good product to try out for a bully. It may do the trick for others.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.