2nd entropion surgery a big possiblity

Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
the past couple of months had my sophie battling her allergies. thankfully the itchies stopped but her eyes continued watering...so off to the vet we went. she had entropion surgery back in may and it looked real good up until last month.. the vet said it looks like her lid is rolling in just a bit. We are trying steroid drops to see if the swelling goes down..but we might be going in for her second surgery if it doesnt.

so any of you bullies out there go thru this a second time? I know sometimes it happens but was wondering others experience

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does she take any antihistamine daily? Sorry to hear this :(

OP
Sophia the bullshark
Jul 24, 2014
illinos
Bulldog(s) Names
sophia
I give her benadryl 2xs a day. this morning I see a dramatic reduction in the swelling around her eyes so Im really am hoping that its can be reversed with just the steroid drops. but the realist in me says dont kid yourself honey...get ready for surgery #2. the vet says give it till winter sets in..as long as we monitor the eyes and there is no damage he says to wait

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
poor sophia and momma! So sorry this is all going on.... I have no experience and just wanted to send positive thoughts and some virtual hugs!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.