Help Needed! Growing hairy mutant spot orange looking color underneath paw :(

thedolcevita

Oct 20, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Krishna Zuniga
IMG_6265.jpgIMG_6257.jpgIMG_6260.jpgIMG_6260.jpgIMG_6130.jpgIMG_6130.jpg Hello, anybody has seen something like the spot showing the pictures? it's small growing I discovered on my baby bully 1 year old and I took him to the vet and prescribed to him allergy pills, shampoo medicated to wash his paws every 3 days and also some drops that I need to apply twice a day on the spot. Every time I clean his paws that one on the back left side he scream and it lets me know that it hurts him. I am not sure what it is even though I took my pet to the vet I would like to hear from anybody who knows or seen anything like this. Any help or comment will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is hyper keritosis. It can and probably should be trimmed with scissors... I am wondering why your vet did not do so. If he is screaming about it, that is kind of odd, as it should not hurt at all.....so I would be careful attempting to trim it off yourself.

To help prevent, walks on rough surfaces helps. If you do not walk on rough surfaces often it may continue to grow, and it grows like hair.

You can use an emery board to help smooth off any rough surfaces. In the pictures it also looks like there may be a bit of a yeast infection within the paw as well, which is likely bothering him more than the kyperkeritosis. Soaking the paws in medicated solution of 5% chlorahexidine 95% water, or make a betadyne solution, of mostly water and enough betadyne to make it look like weak tea.

Does he lick his paws? Do they smell like corn chips? These are also signs of allergies.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You already got great advice from Lisa, I was going to,say it looks like a yeast infection, you can also soak his paw in Epsom salts and warm water, or vinegar and warm water. I hope Krishna feels better soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bullmama has you cover with great info/advice.... Keep us posted on how it is going

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.