Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 25

Thread: Possible Seizure??

  1. #1
    Bulldog Walker sunkissedpr1ncs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Possible Seizure??

    Hi everyone, I originally posted about this in another section but wanted to move it over here. Here is the original thread:

    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...-cleaning.html

    Basically, Barkley had been acting weird since Friday morning. He started licking, biting toward his butt so I took him to the vet and they said it looks like his tail pocket might be irritated and to clean it with Duoxo pads. I've been cleaning it and giving him Benadryl but it hasn't helped and he's been really bad tonight.

    Then I saw some videos of other bullies with fly biting/star gazing seizures and it looks a lot like what he is doing. Here is a video of what he's been doing. He was doing it constantly tonight for probably an hour but would stop for a second if I called his name or something. Does anyone think I should be worried this is actually a seizure or just his tail pocket bothering him??




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??



    Looks familiar!!

  3. #3
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Yes I think you are right. This could be. As Cheryl posted of Vegas above.

    I'll also tag @agentbunny

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  4. #4
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    I would take him to see your vet. There's medication that can help.

  5. #5
    Bulldog Walker sunkissedpr1ncs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Thanks for the info...I'll have to take him to the vet tomorrow hopefully. It's always something with the poor little guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2311
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs View Post
    Thanks for the info...I'll have to take him to the vet tomorrow hopefully. It's always something with the poor little guy


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bring the videos with you- it can make a world of difference! Hugs

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  7. #7
    Bulldog Walker sunkissedpr1ncs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Bring the videos with you- it can make a world of difference! Hugs
    I definitely will! Thanks!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Pet Sitter agentbunny's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    360
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    To me it looks more like he is air licking, not fly biting. Dogs usually air lick when something feels irritating like there is something in between their teeth, there is an itch somewhere they can't get to, the nose rope needs cleaning or if they are nauseous. They also do it if they are nervous or have acid reflux. Something is bugging him but it does not look like a fly biting seizure to me. In the second video, it looks like air licking as well.
    Lola has fly biting seizures and when she does it, her teeth click loud and she looks around like she is actually seeing something buzzing around her and trying to catch it. She does no air lick, she more like snaps at the air. She is also completely not responsive during the episodes.

  9. #9
    Bulldog Walker sunkissedpr1ncs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    290
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)
    133

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    @agentbunny thanks for the info! I didn't catch it in this video but he does also do some sort or lip smacking. Not sure if it's exactly fly biting but kind of like he is trying to catch something from falling out of his mouth I guess? He was in his crate earlier too and kept walking around and doing this toward the floor like he was trying to get stuff that wasn't there.

    He just won't settle down and anytime he has to move somewhere he scurries over to put his back or butt on a wall or corner. I just want him to be back to normal


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    To me it looks more like he is air licking, not fly biting. Dogs usually air lick when something feels irritating like there is something in between their teeth, there is an itch somewhere they can't get to, the nose rope needs cleaning or if they are nauseous. They also do it if they are nervous or have acid reflux. Something is bugging him but it does not look like a fly biting seizure to me. In the second video, it looks like air licking as well.
    Lola has fly biting seizures and when she does it, her teeth click loud and she looks around like she is actually seeing something buzzing around her and trying to catch it. She does no air lick, she more like snaps at the air. She is also completely not responsive during the episodes.
    I wish is was that easy, but unfortunately....Vegas has had idiopathic epilepsy for over 6 years now. This is another type of neurological disorder found in the same part of the brain that give people Parkinsons. He was diagnosed with this disorder in 2012 by his neurologist. He suffers from these fits anywhere from one to 10 times a day.

  11. #11
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Quote Originally Posted by sunkissedpr1ncs View Post

    He just won't settle down and anytime he has to move somewhere he scurries over to put his back or butt on a wall or corner. I just want him to be back to normal
    That almost does sound like his has an itch that can't be scratched. Putting his butt into a corner or wall....

  12. #12
    Pet Sitter agentbunny's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    360
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Possible Seizure??

    Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I wish is was that easy, but unfortunately....Vegas has had idiopathic epilepsy for over 6 years now. This is another type of neurological disorder found in the same part of the brain that give people Parkinsons. He was diagnosed with this disorder in 2012 by his neurologist. He suffers from these fits anywhere from one to 10 times a day.
    Wow.... thats amazing. I did not realize how many different types of idiopathic epilepsy there were. Lola has it as well, though it does not occur frequently enough to require meds. I know parkinsons is a disorder due to the bosy's insufficient production of dopamine. Is his similar? Like tremors?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •