General Question Mammary Gland Cancer?? (Sally)

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Thank you, 2BullyMama and bullmama! That means a lot. Am trying not to worry but I've never been much good at that. We are going to the vet today and I will update as we learn more. In the short time she has been with us she has had so many health issues. But she has been doing so well that we thought we were finally on track, at least for the near future! Hope this is just another blip on the health radar for her.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Well, good news. Not the same answer as Sally had, but the diagnosis is...

...False pregnancy!

Buttercup came to us unspayed. We have not yet spayed her due to multiple health issues then suspicion of recent heat cycle. Apparently even close proximity to an un-neutered male can stimulate ovulation when the dog is in heat. Buttercup hasn't been around other dogs much, but we do occasionally see some during our walks. So relieved and grateful to both our amazing vet and to the EBN community for all the support offered here every day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, good news. Not the same answer as Sally had, but the diagnosis is...

...False pregnancy!

Buttercup came to us unspayed. We have not yet spayed her due to multiple health issues then suspicion of recent heat cycle. Apparently even close proximity to an un-neutered male can stimulate ovulation when the dog is in heat. Buttercup hasn't been around other dogs much, but we do occasionally see some during our walks. So relieved and grateful to both our amazing vet and to the EBN community for all the support offered here every day.

:whew: so happy to hear all is well !!!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Thought I'd update you all on Sally. Her mammary gland is now showing signs of full cancer. She was at the vet last month and it's going to her other side as well. But her main sweeling has gone from being soft and palable to hard as a rock. I noticed that on Friday. But it was today when Jack stiffed her on the teet this morning that made me go "huh" cause he never does that and then Wilson this afternoon shoving his entire head under her to get the teet that I took a good look at her. Her teet shown in the picture is oozing now. It's pretty clear but there's a faint blood to it, I do mean faint. She's quite raw on the teet too. It doesn't seem to be bothering her and she's been quite spunky lately. Her vet said the mammary gland removal surgery is too risky and intrusive for her at this age and her overall being, and I completely agree.

Here's her pics I took today. :( She's just such a sweatheart. I asked her today to lets have another Christsmas together.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And always a cooperative Angel :angel:
image.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Jeannie… NOT our sweet girl :( Oh how I hate hearing this, I'm praying for your sweet baby girl.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I had this calling to come here and read for some reason, and now I know why.... I'm so very sorry Jeannie and I will be praying hard for that Christmas together and longer.

You can rub some aquaphor on the teets to help soften them, may help with putting a barrier not to make them raw and sore. Hugs to sweet sally :hug:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lisa, I have some and will put it on her teet now. I used some gold bond to help it out too. She's so full of spunk lately. Mike and I have even joked a few times on how spunky she's been the last several days. She even did two full runs yesterday, granted they were only 4 steps. lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Oh Jeannie I am so sorry that Sally has been dealt this but she has the best Mummy to look and take care of her and so praying you get Christmas and much longer together.

Life really does Suck!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Sorry to see this. Sending prayers for that sweet girl and praying that you get that last Christmas with her. This just makes my heart hurt. [emoji173]️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Heartbreaking news, Jeannie and I'm so very sorry to hear it.

What happiness Sally has brought all of you and what happiness
y'all brought to Sally and shared with her, your wonderful family.

Thank you for giving her that.

I lift all of you up in my prayers and send loving hugs.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Sally, I am so sorry to hear this news about this Precious One. God Bless You Jeannie and Sally, I Pray Sally lives a long time, You are a Great Mommy Jeannie. We Love You and Sally. Susan and Elmo

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I will pray hard that you have Christmas together. Sally is loved very much, our sweet baby girl!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What happiness Sally has brought all of you and what happiness
y'all brought to Sally and shared with her, your wonderful family.
That she has. I needed this ole senior girl as much as she needed me and us. My heart was aching after losing Ace, and Orion. I truly had a whole in my heart missing the ole soulfulness that senior dogs bring and she completely filled it up and made me whole again. Her time is coming that I know and when it does come, while my heart will be heavy, my heart will be filled with joy knowing that I made a difference to a bully that was tossed aside into a shelter after being bred all her life. And for that I will cherish the time, love and countless giggles she gave me. :havemyheart:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Praying for Sally,that she will have much more time, and especially spend Christmas with you. We all have our sad times,don't we? but thank God the dog love is worth it,though the loss hurts so bad.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I am so sorry to hear about Sally. I hope y'all have another Christmas together and lots of happy days until then! Hugs! [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.