General Question Mammary Gland Cancer?? (Sally)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Will be thinking of Sally and pray that she'll pull through this just fine. :hug:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It could be a few things, most of which are not serious. Fingers crossed they're benign and can easily removed.

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Hey Jeannie

Very very sorry to hear you found these lumps on Sally's belly. Like Christine has said we just went through this with Mia but in our case I did not find the lumps. Mia was in to have her spayed surgery done and when they were shaving her belly and that's when they found the lumps around two of her nipples.
They ended up removing the lumps and two of her nipples and sent that to the lab to be checked.
It was a crazy week waiting to hear back from the lab but thankfully all the growths turned out to be be benign.
I so hope that you will have the same outcome with Sally.
Again very sorry you guys are faced with this as I know it is very stressful
Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hey Jeannie

Very very sorry to hear you found these lumps on Sally's belly. Like Christine has said we just went through this with Mia but in our case I did not find the lumps. Mia was in to have her spayed surgery done and when they were shaving her belly and that's when they found the lumps around two of her nipples.
They ended up removing the lumps and two of her nipples and sent that to the lab to be checked.
It was a crazy week waiting to hear back from the lab but thankfully all the growths turned out to be be benign.
I so hope that you will have the same outcome with Sally.
Again very sorry you guys are faced with this as I know it is very stressful
Sending hugs and positive thoughts your way.

That sure was luck wasn't it. Glad she got her spay and the lumps were found early. Sally wasn't spayed until she was 7 and she was at the shelter we rescued her. She's had 8-10 litters of pups in her life time. My concern with her is surgery at this age. While she's strong in many ways, she also zones out a lot and you have to snap to get her attention. It's the anesthesia that scare me for her and the worries swirling in my noggin if she can handle it. We'll do what's best for her though. Sigh....

Her appt. is on Thursday at 11:30 with her regular vet. He's so good with Bulldogs that he was listed as the Bulldog Nationals vet on hand last month. I......heck WE, have been blessed to have her in our lives.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray:will be praying for you and Sally that all will be well.:pray:

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
That sure was luck wasn't it. Glad she got her spay and the lumps were found early. Sally wasn't spayed until she was 7 and she was at the shelter we rescued her. She's had 8-10 litters of pups in her life time. My concern with her is surgery at this age. While she's strong in many ways, she also zones out a lot and you have to snap to get her attention. It's the anesthesia that scare me for her and the worries swirling in my noggin if she can handle it. We'll do what's best for her though. Sigh....

Her appt. is on Thursday at 11:30 with her regular vet. He's so good with Bulldogs that he was listed as the Bulldog Nationals vet on hand last month. I......heck WE, have been blessed to have her in our lives.

Yeah Mia is seven as well and we have no idea how many littres she has produced but heard she was breed back to back which is not good.
Best of luck on Thursday, sounds like you have a great vet.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm happy to report that Sally's tumors are "mixed cell" meaning there is a combo of regular cells and benign cancer cells (none malignant). If there's any changes in the growth then she'll go back in but until that she's good to go. He did concur with my concern about her going under anesthesia due to her age. It's not the actual anesthesia that's the problem, it's the length of time.

Anyhoots, here's a blurb about mixed cell tumors.
Mixed Mammary Tumor:
What is mixed is the type of cell that makes up the tumor: the epithelial cells that line the glandular tissue and the mesenchymal cells that make up the non-glandular portion. (Mixed does not refer to a mix of benign and malignant cells.) The mixed tumor can be either benign or malignant and the biopsy will indicate this.

Thank you all too! :) I couldn't be happier for Sally. :angelheart:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm happy to report that Sally's tumors are "mixed cell" meaning there is a combo of regular cells and benign cancer cells (none malignant). If there's any changes in the growth then she'll go back in but until that she's good to go. He did concur with my concern about her going under anesthesia due to her age. It's not the actual anesthesia that's the problem, it's the length of time.

AWESOME news!!! yeah.... give her big @$$ hugs from all of us!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm so happy to hear this. Big sigh of relief over here!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:heartsign::judges::hifive::dancing::yeah::Muah:
That is fantastic news, I'm so happy to hear this, and happy for you and Sally that the outcome was good news. Congratulations, hugs for you and Sally.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!!! WOO HOO!!! :dance:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Wonderful news, so happy that is was not cancer you must be so relieved Jeannie and big kisses for Sally from her down under Buddy Ftse and me

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.