Thread: Paris, I need help not sure what to so u changed my English Bulldogs food and these bump/knots showed up they aren't painful

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Paris
    Likes (Received)

Default Paris, I need help not sure what to so u changed my English Bulldogs food and these bump/knots showed up they aren't painful

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Paris, I need help not sure what to so u changed my English Bulldogs food and these bump/knots showed up they aren't pain

Those bump are hives. It is an allergic reation to something. Give your baby two benedryl tablets(adults) When did you change the food? If it is not the food-Paris may have gotten stung by something. If you just started the new food-it could be the food. What kind of food? and when did you start it?@Tashs1086
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Paris, I need help not sure what to so u changed my English Bulldogs food and these bump/knots showed up they aren't pain

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Those bump are hives. It is an allergic reation to something. Give your baby two benedryl tablets(adults) When did you change the food? If it is not the food-Paris may have gotten stung by something. If you just started the new food-it could be the food. What kind of food? and when did you start it?@Tashs1086
    @[replacer_a] ^^^^ exactly hives!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

My boy had the same thing. We freaked out! He had to get a steroid shot at the vets to make it go away. He has to take Benadryl regularly. We still don't know what it was. Best of luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Here is a picture of him. FYI. It took a couple of days to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yep....I agree. Some sort of allergy. Now the hard part is finding out what. Compare the two foods and see if there is any obvious difference.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Lola has had that reaction to turkey before! Scary but they went away in a free days. We gave her a bath right away and consulted the forum. She was just a pup when it happened. I hope the benedryl helps. Lola is now on a low dose of steroids for what we think are environmental allergies, which are not as visually striking as hives.

sent from my droid mini

Remove Ads