Lump on Winstons head

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys, out of no where , within 1 hr, a purplish red lump has appeared on the back on Winstons head. All hair around it is completely gone... ?? It doesn't hurt him if I poke it. He has been doing so well, but he has been off his antibiotics for almost 1 week, anti yeasts 2 weeks. All his hair had grown back. I'm still using prescription anti yeast wipes, eye stuff, ear stuff. I'm just concerned about this lump. Any ideas anyone? Of course we will be contacting vet in morning. Pics didn't come out great, can't really see that it is a lump. Not wet, not scaly.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413419079488.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413419079488.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 137

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
looks like a hotspot to me.... very moist but not bleeding (could look like blood, but not), lose of hair and pieces of scab in the hair at the edge of the sore?

Shave the area and keep it clean, dry and UNcovered. they are caused by allergies that weaken the immune system and up pop the hotspot.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey guys, out of no where , within 1 hr, a purplish red lump has appeared on the back on Winstons head. All hair around it is completely gone... ?? It doesn't hurt him if I poke it. He has been doing so well, but he has been off his antibiotics for almost 1 week, anti yeasts 2 weeks. All his hair had grown back. I'm still using prescription anti yeast wipes, eye stuff, ear stuff. I'm just concerned about this lump. Any ideas anyone? Of course we will be contacting vet in morning. Pics didn't come out great, can't really see that it is a lump. Not wet, not scaly.

looks like a hotspot to me.... very moist but not bleeding (could look like blood, but not), lose of hair and pieces of scab in the hair at the edge of the sore?

Shave the area and keep it clean, dry and UNcovered. they are caused by allergies that weaken the immune system and up pop the hotspot.

Thats what Buster's got!!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thats what Buster's got!!

On his face? I doubt it is a hotspot, it could be, but I never heard of or saw on on the face. They are normally on the top of head, around neck or shoulders?

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
OK. I wasnt sure because it's not wet at all nor is it hot. It just looks like a big old lump with a bruise on the top of it. We changed him to fromm beef Frittata 2 weeks ago due to paw licking, icky eyes on previous food . Maybe we have to look at another kind. Maybe the duck? His eyes are awful this morning, couldn't open one of them. :( poor baby! !

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OK. I wasnt sure because it's not wet at all nor is it hot. It just looks like a big old lump with a bruise on the top of it. We changed him to fromm beef Frittata 2 weeks ago due to paw licking, icky eyes on previous food . Maybe we have to look at another kind. Maybe the duck? His eyes are awful this morning, couldn't open one of them. :( poor baby! !

I'm sorry to hear that, I didn't mean to high jack this thread last night. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] is totally right Buster's got a cysts on a fold on his jowl which I didn't even know was possible and its an allergic reaction to something. I too am going to have to switch foods. Im going to try the game bird grain free and if that doesn't work I'll try the salmon tunalini grain free. I want to stick with Fromms because ive personally talked with and verified that all of their food source is from/grown here and not China. I really hope Winston feels better. Maybe spray some Vetricyn on the spots to give him some relief. :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

It could be a cyst which are harmless and go away in a few weeks. But if it is not a hotspot, not necessarily hot, just what they are called. I'm not sure what it could be. Might be good to go see the vet and get it looked at. Also, try either pork and peas or gamebird and see if there is a difference. My girl had yeast and teary eyes with the beef once I switched to pork and peas everything went away

OP
triggerSnores

triggerSnores

Jul 21, 2014
[MENTION=6717]dolphin[/MENTION] I was thinking about the game bird one also. And you didn't high jack anything! :) our babies and their weird lumps/bumps/rashes. .. I really like Fromms as well, our other Bully Trigger can eat anything! Winston cannot apparently. ;) already sprayed and compresses on eye. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] thank you! I thought hot spots would be warm/hot so that is good to know. I will definetly get the game bird one and start the switch. Trigger is doing great on the beef so I will probably keep him on it since I already switched him twice now to try to keep them both on same food. High hopes haha! !

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@dolphin I was thinking about the game bird one also. And you didn't high jack anything! :) our babies and their weird lumps/bumps/rashes. .. I really like Fromms as well, our other Bully Trigger can eat anything! Winston cannot apparently. ;) already sprayed and compresses on eye. @2BullyMama thank you! I thought hot spots would be warm/hot so that is good to know. I will definetly get the game bird one and start the switch. Trigger is doing great on the beef so I will probably keep him on it since I already switched him twice now to try to keep them both on same food. High hopes haha! !

Here is the great thing with Fromm grain free line.... no need to do a long switch. You can feed one flavor for breakfast and another flavor for dinner without issue. Change the food as soon as you get the bag and see how he does!

Best of luck and keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.