Grinding teeth

hulses5

Jun 30, 2014
Country
ukI
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
Over the past few days I've noticed my boy has started to grind his teeth, he does it all the time, he's coming up to 7 months and was wondering whether it could be teething, as he still has some back teeth coming through, I took him to the vets the other day, as his hips have been making a popping sound, and he's been diagnosed with mild hip dysplasia, so he's on meds, the vet gave him a good check over and he's not in any pain, so when I mentioned the teeth grinding she seemed to disregard it, as there was no obvious sign of pain.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Teeth grinding could be a sign of pain. You say his back teeth are coming in-his mouth could be bothering him.His gums may be sore-check in his mouth-see if they are red/swollen.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
interesting.... I'll be watching for advice and updates from you... as I never heard of this before

OP
hulses5

hulses5

Jun 30, 2014
Country
ukI
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlie
I've had a look at the back of his mouth and it is a little red around the gum where the teeth are coming through, not quite sure what I can give him to ease the irritation though, he doesn't seem bothered in the slightest, he appears to be doing it a little less today, and there's definitely no problem with his appetite.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.