Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My bulldog stares at the ceiling at times?

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Default My bulldog stares at the ceiling at times?

Hello. I have been here before on this site but found it difficult to contact the administrator to come back. I am wondering.... I have a 2 1/2 year old male bulldog and these past 6 months or so he started looking up at the ceiling like he see's something. It isn't a constant thing but he does it several times daily and I asked my vet about it who in turn said dogs can do funny things. I just wanted to post here and make sure this is not a sign of any future, possible health issue. If anyone knows of anything like this would you please comment. Thank you.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default re: My bulldog stares at the ceiling at times?

I am not sure if this is normal or not, but just before I got on this site this morning, I walked through my living room to find Bogey, my 2 year old EBD sitting up in a chair- staring at the wall!! Lol! Bulldogs DEFINITELY exhibit strange behaviors at times. Most likely nothing to worry about!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@agentbunny this sounds like Lola!

Sorry we had to turn off the contact us section due to a technical issue. Which had finally been resolved. Glad you got back online!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

If he cranes his head far back when he does it, it could be stargazers syndrome. Can you post a video? There is not much to do about it unless he does it all the time. stargazing is a mild seizure. That may not be the reason your dog is doing it though.

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for your replies.I can get him doing it on video. It is really weird I mean it only started about 6 months ago and it is almost as if he see's something but there is nothing there. It scares me because I know bulldogs have health issues ect and of course he is a huge part of my life. Thanks again and I will see if I can get him on video and post it.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My bulldog stares at the ceiling at times?

Hope it is just bizarre behavior and nothing serious. Will be looking for video
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, I was hoping someone would say. "Oh my bulldog does that all the time". I guess I will see if I can capture it on video. It doesn't look like any kind of siezure. He is calm. almost bored looking when he does do it. Sometimes I will stop him by getting his attention and he will look at me and I read up on stargazing syndrome which is a serious issue. I am just hoping it is nothing serious. Buddy is a big part of my life. Thx everyone.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoginsfl View Post
    Thanks, I was hoping someone would say. "Oh my bulldog does that all the time". I guess I will see if I can capture it on video. It doesn't look like any kind of siezure. He is calm. almost bored looking when he does do it. Sometimes I will stop him by getting his attention and he will look at me and I read up on stargazing syndrome which is a serious issue. I am just hoping it is nothing serious. Buddy is a big part of my life. Thx everyone.
    when you get the video... Post to YouTube then attach the link here. Sending good thoughts
    e.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would definitely mention it again to the vet or get another opinion. It could be so many things..... he could be seeing something that isn't there. Maybe a floater in his eyes, maybe a neurological issue. It's concerning to me. My bulldog suffers from idiopathic epilepsy and often does the staring off when he's in pre ictal stage of a seizure.

Potty Trainer
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thx Libra. It is concerning. I did write to the owner of a vet ( theres probably 9 vets there) of the place I take Buddy for anything serious to see if he had heard of any potential health problems related to this and he only said Dogs can do some strange things at times. I over the 2 1/2 years since getting Buddy have learned to become very skeptical of vets. Its a long story but one vet when he heard over the phone I had trupanion insurance for Buddy was so excited and when I brought him in for a recheck on a UI came out with a $900.00 bill. Trupanion has paid out of 6k for Buddy. I love him very much and worry about my own well being when I do finally lose him. I take him to the dog park every morning at 615 when it is still dark ( along with about 9 of us) and let him run around and play with his dog friends,. I am still trying to catch him doing it so I can get it on my phone and post it. When Buddy isnt really sick or I need a fecal. preventitives ect I don't even go to my regular vet I take him to a non profit place called paws2help who their office visit is only $7.00 along with all vaccanations $15.00 ( I am responsible for all of these- no Trupaion) but Buddy is my baby and a huge part of my life. Thx. Bulldog in so. Fl

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Have you seen this thread yet? Star gazing video is in the third post down. http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...d-tremors.html

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoginsfl View Post
    Thx Libra. It is concerning. I did write to the owner of a vet ( theres probably 9 vets there) of the place I take Buddy for anything serious to see if he had heard of any potential health problems related to this and he only said Dogs can do some strange things at times. I over the 2 1/2 years since getting Buddy have learned to become very skeptical of vets. Its a long story but one vet when he heard over the phone I had trupanion insurance for Buddy was so excited and when I brought him in for a recheck on a UI came out with a $900.00 bill. Trupanion has paid out of 6k for Buddy. I love him very much and worry about my own well being when I do finally lose him. I take him to the dog park every morning at 615 when it is still dark ( along with about 9 of us) and let him run around and play with his dog friends,. I am still trying to catch him doing it so I can get it on my phone and post it. When Buddy isnt really sick or I need a fecal. preventitives ect I don't even go to my regular vet I take him to a non profit place called paws2help who their office visit is only $7.00 along with all vaccanations $15.00 ( I am responsible for all of these- no Trupaion) but Buddy is my baby and a huge part of my life. Thx. Bulldog in so. Fl
    we here, at EBN, are all right on the same page with you --- they are our babies and here is a great place to get the info and support!
    e.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads