Hot Spots won't heal .....

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Maybe they're not healing because there's an underlying infection. If it's not going away, you need to go to the vet where they can do a culture and tell you exactly what's going on.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My vet always gave curse of antibiotic and steroid treatment always worked like a charm x
Hope you baby feels better soon x

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus was at the Vet's this week for his annual vaccinations. I once again pointed out the 'hot spot' areas on Maximus to the Vet, but the Vet had nothing to
say about it. It was like pulling teeth to get the man to talk. He refilled the Temeril-P for Maximus, and only stated that I may have to take Maximus to a
Vet Dermatologist. Other than that, he had nothing to say about it. I'm not real happy with this Practice, to say the least.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maximus was at the Vet's this week for his annual vaccinations. I once again pointed out the 'hot spot' areas on Maximus to the Vet, but the Vet had nothing to
say about it. It was like pulling teeth to get the man to talk. He refilled the Temeril-P for Maximus, and only stated that I may have to take Maximus to a
Vet Dermatologist. Other than that, he had nothing to say about it. I'm not real happy with this Practice, to say the least.

Think we need to find you a new vet... I'll look at the list to see if any recommended are near you

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus was seen by the other Veternarian a week ago - she put him on Atarax, and wants to do Allergy Testing, but I have to wait 60-days because he was on Steroids recently.
The Hot Spot - which is under his neck - is worse. It is red and raw. I'm using Vetericyn Hot Spot Spray on it, and Chlorhexidine spray on it. I have not shaved the area - the Vet
said not to shave the area as it would cause further irritation. I'm bathing Maximus weekly with Chlorhexidine shampoo. This Hot spot will not heal. It's getting very frustrating
because Maximus has had this Hot spot since Last April.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Maximus was seen by the other Veternarian a week ago - she put him on Atarax, and wants to do Allergy Testing, but I have to wait 60-days because he was on Steroids recently.
The Hot Spot - which is under his neck - is worse. It is red and raw. I'm using Vetericyn Hot Spot Spray on it, and Chlorhexidine spray on it. I have not shaved the area - the Vet
said not to shave the area as it would cause further irritation. I'm bathing Maximus weekly with Chlorhexidine shampoo. This Hot spot will not heal. It's getting very frustrating
because Maximus has had this Hot spot since Last April.

Make sure you do not have him wearing his collar, I am sure you do not, but just checking. Sorry, but the vet is not correct... it has to be shaved so the area will dry out. First thing my vet did on every hot spot Nitschke had was to shave it, clean and then told me to kepe the area dry. To me, it seems to much mositure is being placed back in the area and the fur still being there is trapping the dirt/moisture, causing it not to heal

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Mickey's tail was broken at some time and his rear end skin spread around it. He used to scratch it a lot against the brick on the fireplace, but I have started putting Lavender oil on a cotton ball and rubbing it all over the area. This seems to help the itching for him. Also, the area is not as red and irritated. Don't know if this will help you or not.

Momto3boys

Feb 1, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla
I swear by Apple Cider Vinegar to treat hot spots.
My first Boxer had a pretty bad one. I was away when my boyfriend called me telling me it looked like she rubbed the back of her neck on something. When I got home the next day I knew right away it was a hot spot. I mixed equal parts of Apple Cider Vinegar and water and I put it in a spray bottle. I sprayed the spot numerous times throughout the day, literally within 24 hours it had all scabbed over.

I also cleared up a hot spot on my labs tail and a hot spot on my Schnauzers neck with ACV.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.