Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Maximus has 2 Hot spots - one under his neck and one in his arm-pit. I've been usin Vetericyn on them, but they will not heal. Plus, he has been on Antibiotics for months for his skin condition, in addition to Temeril-P and Zyrtec. Is there anything else I can do to help these hot spots heal ?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Make sure all fur is shaved and just keep it dry. Keeping hot spots and the areas around them dry, is ridiculously important. They won't heal otherwise.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Make sure all fur is shaved and just keep it dry. Keeping hot spots and the areas around them dry, is ridiculously important. They won't heal otherwise.

agreed.... shaving is so important in keeping the area clean and dry as the fur tramps mositure and dirt.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree, do you have any medicated shampoo to wash it with? Also I have used panalog ointment on them after shaving.

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
The area is and has been shaved ..... I do have Chlorhexidine shampoo I can use.

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
All, pardon for jumpin in. Can anyone show me picture of hot spots?

I wonder if these are hot spots:

7a63f74ef33abef3d52aac840f72c377.jpg
03bbcbb1d0e179a377f1841fb97713f5.jpg
48cc0f764d16362f5751b338a66200bb.jpg

Thanks all

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
hotspot.JPG

I use Chlorhexadine spray shown above and it works quickly. I usually spray it on a cotton swab and put it on Nigel cause he doesn't like being sprayed on directly.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you have already got great advice from members above, keep it shaved, dry and clean. Have you tried making a rinse with equal parts of warm water and apple cider vinegar and pouring it on the hot spots? Vinegar is a natural anti fungal, and anti bacterial.

teddokun

May 15, 2014
Jakarta, Indonesia
Country
Indonesia
Bulldog(s) Names
Sky (aka Stardust Iron Dome)
[MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION]

Thank you. Will try to take better picture to share. Not sure if Sky has a hot spots........

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Vikinggirl

Thank you. Will try to take better picture to share. Not sure if Sky has a hot spots........

Monica got you some good pics.... something to also help.... hotspots are very moist, hair pulls of easily, looks like it is bleeding, but it is not, very raw and sore

OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I'm confused - what's the verdict on the treatment of hot spots ? Do I keep the area SHAVED and DRY ? or do I treat the area with WET SOAKS of VINEGAR AND WATER or CHLORHEXIDINE SPRAY ? I've been using VETERICYN SPRAY WOUND AND SKIN CLEANSER on the area, but the Hot spot still will not heal. This has
been going on since last April.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm confused - what's the verdict on the treatment of hot spots ? Do I keep the area SHAVED and DRY ? or do I treat the area with WET SOAKS of VINEGAR AND WATER or CHLORHEXIDINE SPRAY ? I've been using VETERICYN SPRAY WOUND AND SKIN CLEANSER on the area, but the Hot spot still will not heal. This has

I have always shaved, cleaned and kept dry. ypu have to find the cause of them, they are always allergy related, and remove the allergen (if possible). With my boy, it was rice... once I got that out of his diet, the hotspots and cysts all stopped.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Keep in mind too.... it could be from environmental allergies... grass, pollen, weeds, trees

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.