Random Limp

TobiRose

Oct 4, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tobi
My bulldog has been going on with a limp for three days now. This is not the first time either. She just turned 2 in July and she is very playful and energetic. We also have a Golden Retriever she likes to beat up most days. Tobi is acting perfectly normal except she is having trouble walking on her back leg. I've also heard random cracking at times. Although she is running and seems to be doing better with her leg and walking on it I was wondering if we should get her tested for hip dysplasia.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN.

it could be something with her knees or a sprain. Restrict her activity for a few days , crate rest and see how she is .. If still limping, the. Take her to the vet for evaluation

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree with Christine, great advice. Toni might have just sprained or over extended her leg while playing, or she may have jumped down from the couch or bed and landed wrong on the leg. Sometimes when my guys sleep in a funny position during the night, and they first wake up, they can be a little stiff and limp a little. Keep an eye on her, and if doesn't seem to get any better over the weekend, then I would take her to the vet and have him take a look at it. I hope it's nothing serious, and she feels better soon. Please keep us posted.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.