HELP ! Maximus won't take his Pills . . . .

layea

Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Tessa and Remmy
I always have a can of the spray cheese and peanut butter in a can for dogs. It looks just like the cheese in a can for humans. I just spray a little on the pill to cover it, and they take it with no problem and have no idea what anything is I ever give them lol. =) Might work

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas gets tons of meds each day. How do we do it? I prepare a reverse cheese sandwich. Instead of cheese inside of 2 pieces of bread....I put the bread inside 2 pieces of cheese. I have the pills and the liquid on top of the bread. Vegas is a pro. Gobble gobble. He drools for his meds. You have to start out small. (one piece of bread lasts 2 days with twice daily dosing..and 1 slice of kraft singles lasts one feeding) Get him eating the cheese for a treat. I toss Orion her meds wrapped in cheese thru the air for her to catch. She swallows without tasting. I've never had a problem at all. Good luck.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh, okay. I made you a video!

[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION]

Last edited:
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
UPDATE::::

Well, I tried everything with Maximus. He's pretty Smart ! I finally gave up and decided I'm just gonna open his mouth, put the pill in the back of his throat, close his mouth and rub his throat. VOILA ! Done !

Now I'm having one heck of the same problem with my Pug, "Gabby".
She squirms and wriggles so bad there is no way I can open her mouth.
I tried KONG Peanut Butter treat (in the can for Kong Toys). The Peanut Butter is so thick she can't lick it up. I have to crush the pills. I've mixed them in Yogurt and she does NOT like Yogurt. I've tried putting them in Probiotic Chewies, she manages to get the pills out of the middle. Whew! I'm exhausted from this ! HELPPPPPPPPP !!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Have you tried all the suggestions you got when you asked about Maximus???

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.