Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hello all,

I see that harvey is often shaking his head as he wakes up in the morning as I lead him to the yard. I believe this is related to his ears. What is everyone using for ear maintenance and how effective is your experience with this medication.

Any suggestions and recommendations is highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yes, Cami gets excess gunk buildup in her ears as Spring & Fall start up.
Use an ear cleansing solution, squirt in ear canal, hold ear shut & massage well,
wait 2-3 minutes then use wet wipes to clean out, do AM & PM

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Use an ear cleansing solution, squirt in ear canal, hold ear shut & massage well,

Exactly ^^. What Carol suggested. We use Malecetic Otic Ear & Skin cleanser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Whenever I see one of the boys scratch their ears or shake their heads I will squirt a little bit of an Ear flushing drying lotion into their ear canal. This stuff breaks down wax and loosens up dirt. I will also squirt a little Tri otic ointment as prophylactic against an infection.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

^^^ same!!

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Good advice....I warm up some olive oil, throw some garlic cloves in there and let it soak for a few hours then apply it directly in the ear. Garlic is an antibiotic, antibacterial, and antifungal.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
We are using Triz Ultra + Keto ear flush from the vet. She said to do it once a week after we treated her for a fungal ear infection. The vet showed us how to do it in the office before we treated the ear infections and expelled a ton of yellow. We use the same method as Carol described above then soak by stuffing a Kleenex into the ear canal, pull that out, then follow up with a cotton ball like the vet showed us. I can't tell you how effective it is over time as we just started doing it, but Buttercup loves the "massage" part of the treatment and last night asked for more after I was finished (a long way from her crying and yipping while the vet cleaned her ears!).

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.