Fear Aggression...Help!

Buckminster

Jan 16, 2011
I've had Bucky, my bully, for about two years. I fostered him and got him from an owner who had no time for him. Bucky was never socialized and was pretty much locked in an apartment all day. After having him for a short period of time, my husband and I realized that he would be better off with us than with anyone else. When we first got him he was pretty anxious. As time has gone on he has become aggressive toward other dogs (although he's fine with my pug) and he is generally afraid and cautious of other people. Because he's unpredictable I am now afraid to take him out and put him in situations where he's around other people. I know that this is bad because he can pick up on my anxiety, but his nervousness has made me nervous! He's been on prozac and in basic obedience classes, but nothing has seemed to work. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to help the both of us get over his fear aggression? I don't have much money to enroll him into a fancy obedience class, but I am willing to do ANYTHING for him. Bucky means the world to me and I want the both of us to be happier and healthier! Help :eek:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am so sorry you are going thru this. I don't any experience with anything like this so I am sorry, no adivce here, I hope you get better responses from other members. But I must say, I am so happy to hear you opened your heart and home to this poor baby.

OP
B

Buckminster

Jan 16, 2011
Do you know of anyone in the Kentucky or Cincinnati area who is good for issues like Bucky's?

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Welcome to our group. I live in Az., I'm not going to be any help, but there are plenty of members here who will be! This is the greatest place to get answers to all your Bully questions. I'm so glad you found us! Sorry you and Bucky are going thru this. Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.