Banksie girl is sick :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She woke me up at 5 AM and has not done any better since.... we took her to the ER at 10:00AM and since we returned she continues to vomit if anything goes in her belly. she has refused food and will drink water till she does vomit. The ER doctor told us that dogs will do that to induce vomiting. so we removed all water and are monitoring her till 6 at which time we will reintroduce water and wait 30 mins to see if she holds it down... if no, back to the ER.

Basically, we had a full day house party yesterday and both pups were up from 5 AM till midnight.... playing and socializing with all the guest. To our knowledge, they were not fed anything nor did they get into anything they should not have. Just LOTS of hugs, playing, running and fun for them both.

Banks woke me at 5 AM this morning, and I instantly knew something was not right with her. She would not walk and her hid legs were trembling.. when I lifted her to go down the stairs she moaned loudly (not a whimper or cry)... something she has never done. When I got her in the yard she gingerly walked and did potty, but once done, she laid in the grass and would not walk back to the house. I coaxed her in and we laid on the couch ... back to sleep we went and she woke me again at 9:15 AM and we went through all the same situation. So, I woke Lewis and we took her to the ER... they examined her, ran a few test for tick borne illness - all negative. she was fine at the ER... no trembling or reluctance in walking (of course).

We got home at noon and she vomited 3x in less than an hour... first bile (empty stomach) then the other two were all the water she was drinking. she is now resting, but will occasionally go to the kitchen looking for water.

So, at this point, we are hoping the ER doc is right and Banks is just exhausted, but Banks turning down food... does not sit well with me. Guess we will know better around 6 when we give her water.

prayer, positive thoughts, paws and fingers crossed will all be greatly appreciated.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh Christine, I'm so sorry for sweet Banks :( I'm thinking of her and praying that whatever she has will go as quickly as it came. Hoping she just needs some rest and sleep. Hugs to you all! :pray::hug:

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Oh no poor Banks :(. Hope The vets find out Very soon Whats going On with her. And i fervently hope it's nothing serious. Sending you Guys love and good thoughts. Please give her a big tight hugs for me. Feel better soon Banks!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry Banks isn't feeling well Christine, hopefully the vet is right and she just needs to sleep. I hope she feels better tomorrow. Maybe someone fed her some table scraps without you knowing, or she may have found some food somewhere that was left unattended? Maybe she just has an upset tummy. Feel better soon Banks. Please keep us posted.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Oh no, poor sweet banks. I hope she gets better quick.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry to hear this, about your baby Banks. I hope she gets better soon, maybe just a stomach bug.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Awww, so sorry to hear about Banks. I hope she gets over the nauseated phase and can get some rest. I just can't ever relax when Lola is panting and pacing and throwing up. But it usually ends by the next day. I hope this is the same and she feels better soon!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Prayers for poor Banks!! Keep us updated!! Hopefully it is just exhaustion.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no, I sure hope she's okay :(

I sure am praying she didn't swallow something. :pray:

Did they give her any subQ fluids or some meds to help settle her nausea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry to hear that beautiful Banks is not well. :( I am sending positive thoughts that it isn't serious and she gets better soon.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are back at the ER... She vomited the water she drank at 5:30

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:( Hopefully it's nothing serious. Prayers and positive vibes coming your way.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor baby. Get well soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online