Banksie girl is sick :(

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Phew.. it does sound like an upset belly. Who knows what she could of gotten into the day of your party, or if someone accidentally dropped something and she was right there to pick it up!
They're called vacuums for a reason.. lol

Get better fast Banksie, you're givin' your mama pre-mature greys!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is very encouraging news on Ms.Banks! keep getting better, Banksie...we're all thinking of you and want u back to your old sassy-self again!! :drawheart2:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Gotta start off with I LOVE MY VET!!!! :D

So, we are back and Banks is holding down food so far today... she has had two small meals (about 1/2 cup total) of ground beef and green beans with water.

Our vet examined her from head to toe, sat and read the ER report with me and then ask that I explain everything to him.. start to finish. He checked all her vitals, her belly, back, ears the works. he explained how when animals have an upset to the GI system it can cause turmoil in the intestine and 'look' like an obstruction, which is why the ER did the second set of x-rays after she was on fluid and a shot of Cerenia (for nausea), that will help settle the system and give a better idea of what it looks like in there. He said it is not uncommon for false obstruction to show up when they are this sick. He was really thrown (didn't come right out and say it, but facial expression and tone said it) that they sent Banks home without any follow up meds to ensure her stomach would settle and that they did not explain any of that to us when we picked her up. He asked me, 'what meds did they give you for her?' I said, nothing... he looked and said ' no meds at discharge?' I responded 'correct'... he was quite for a few seconds and said OK... here is what I'm gonna do...

He thinks she has some type of virus, sort of like us it has to run it's course. What he did not like is hearing her snub food or ice cream... he knows Banks and that raised his eyebrows. So I am to keep her on the Cerenia for the next two days with the bland diet, he gave her a shot at the office to cover today and I have pills for four days if necessary, but he wants her back in his office if she vomits or refuses food at any time this week. He also did her laser treatment since she had not had any of her meds for her back/arthritis since Saturday, he did not want to chance her pain causing more issues, by doing the treatment, it relaxes her and lessen the stress on the system.

overall, today she is making slow improvement. I am home with her today, Lewis will be with her tomorrow and if all remains good, her eating, drinking and no vomit then we can safely say, she had a really bad stomach virus.

I can not thank you all enough for the love, support, and prayers! My girl had us real scared and I am now thinking we have on back on track and she will be her beeotchy self in no time.

LOVE you all.... I will keep you posted, with pics, of course.

Henny @cali baker... you are so right, I wish they could talk!!
I'm telling you this could be a carbon copy of Brutus in February. We did go home with Reglan for nausea and Famotadine for upset GI tract. Brutus had to be on both of these meds until I felt he was back to normal no normal doggie food for a while either. He was on Boiled sirlion and rice for about a week. stay diligent with the meds he gave you, it will help a ton.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm telling you this could be a carbon copy of Brutus in February. We did go home with Reglan for nausea and Famotadine for upset GI tract. Brutus had to be on both of these meds until I felt he was back to normal no normal doggie food for a while either. He was on Boiled sirlion and rice for about a week. stay diligent with the meds he gave you, it will help a ton.
Even now I always have these meds on hand because he is such an anxiety case that if I feel he is vomiting due to stress, I immediately start him on both meds and a bland diet and he is better in a few days so he doesn't end up hospitalized like the last time. Maybe the party and so many people you had over stressed her out? We went away for four days this past weekend and Brutus threw up the last two days until we got home.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Gotta start off with I LOVE MY VET!!!! :D

So, we are back and Banks is holding down food so far today... she has had two small meals (about 1/2 cup total) of ground beef and green beans with water.

Our vet examined her from head to toe, sat and read the ER report with me and then ask that I explain everything to him.. start to finish. He checked all her vitals, her belly, back, ears the works. he explained how when animals have an upset to the GI system it can cause turmoil in the intestine and 'look' like an obstruction, which is why the ER did the second set of x-rays after she was on fluid and a shot of Cerenia (for nausea), that will help settle the system and give a better idea of what it looks like in there. He said it is not uncommon for false obstruction to show up when they are this sick. He was really thrown (didn't come right out and say it, but facial expression and tone said it) that they sent Banks home without any follow up meds to ensure her stomach would settle and that they did not explain any of that to us when we picked her up. He asked me, 'what meds did they give you for her?' I said, nothing... he looked and said ' no meds at discharge?' I responded 'correct'... he was quite for a few seconds and said OK... here is what I'm gonna do...

He thinks she has some type of virus, sort of like us it has to run it's course. What he did not like is hearing her snub food or ice cream... he knows Banks and that raised his eyebrows. So I am to keep her on the Cerenia for the next two days with the bland diet, he gave her a shot at the office to cover today and I have pills for four days if necessary, but he wants her back in his office if she vomits or refuses food at any time this week. He also did her laser treatment since she had not had any of her meds for her back/arthritis since Saturday, he did not want to chance her pain causing more issues, by doing the treatment, it relaxes her and lessen the stress on the system.

overall, today she is making slow improvement. I am home with her today, Lewis will be with her tomorrow and if all remains good, her eating, drinking and no vomit then we can safely say, she had a really bad stomach virus.

I can not thank you all enough for the love, support, and prayers! My girl had us real scared and I am now thinking we have on back on track and she will be her beeotchy self in no time.

LOVE you all.... I will keep you posted, with pics, of course.

Henny @cali baker... you are so right, I wish they could talk!!

That is wonderful news Christine what a relief, I remember last year when Ftse was sick when we got home and it was similar to banks and his was a tummy upset and at the time I was so worried it was a blockage. Still praying that Banksie recuperates very quickly and back to her self in no time

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OK -- so, the last hour or so just sealed it up.. she must have a virus as Cheli (my Frenchie) is NOW vomiting. He has twice so far, all his breakfast from this morning. :facepalm:

I already called the vet ... no food for 24 hrs and he gave me dosage for him on the meds I have for Banks, but only to give it to him if he vomits again.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great and not so great news...so glad for Banks, but sad for Cheli. At least you know what's wrong and have already some meds to give. Sending positive healing thoughts your way...

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Ugh, two sick pups. But it does sound like a virus- which while not pleasant, should clear up on it's own.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Well it's great you know what it is now! Hopefully Cheli recovers quickly! Now to find the human at your party who carries the bully virus and never invite them over again lol!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OK -- so, the last hour or so just sealed it up.. she must have a virus as Cheli (my Frenchie) is NOW vomiting. He has twice so far, all his breakfast from this morning. :facepalm:

I already called the vet ... no food for 24 hrs and he gave me dosage for him on the meds I have for Banks, but only to give it to him if he vomits again.

Not the gnat toooooo! :fie:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgimage.jpgAww you've been through the ringer Christine, such a worry when they get sick. I'm glad Banks is improving, but sad that Chelie is now not feeling well. Hopefully the meds and TLC from Mom will fix them up, and they'll be back to themselves soon. Continuing to send love, hugs and prayers to you and your babies. Feel better Banks and Chelie.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.