cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Times like these makes me wish our dogs can TELL us, in human language, what is wrong with them. I am glad no blockage was found and I so hope that whatever Banks has will resolve itself asap. I know you're worried, Christine, especially with Banks not acting herself but take things step by step and hopefully tomorrow's vet visit will shed more light. In the meantime, just know that we continue to pray for Bank's full recovery. The boys and I send her our love!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Renewed prayers for your beloved Banks to be well!

Cami & I send big, comforting hugs & love to y'all <3

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks all--- this is her since getting home. She has eaten a little but not drinking... giving her water via syringe

sydy7u7a.jpg

Last edited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Poor baby. I hope you are able to get to the bottom of this soon so she can stary feeling better. Hugs and prayers for you all. Harlea sends puppy kisses to boot.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gosh Christine, do you think she had possible bloat?!! I've never heard of intestines twisting like that… or maybe I'm wrong...

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
How strange all of this is. I hope she feels better today. :hug:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I am glad that Banks is home and recouperating. I am still keeping fingers, toes and paws crossed that she will be fine. :blah:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Bless her xx hope she feels better soon xx sending hugs to you Christine and Banks xx

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hope she feels better soon. Believe me I know how frustrading it is not to know what's really wrong! Be strong!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
How was that diagnosed? Blood work?
Partial obstruction they saw on xray. the rest was blood work. I am not convinced he had an obstruction. I think his tummy was really irritated from the massive infection.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awe I was hoping she was on the mend, I'm sorry to hear she's still not doing well. I'm glad you're taking her to your regular vet today. Refusing ice cream and meat is not good at all :(

Sending prayers that you get some answers today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry to hear about poor Bank's-and we thought she was on the mend. I will be praying for her today, and hoping that her regular vet will discover her problem-and help her get back to her sweet self!! Prayers,prayers.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gotta start off with I LOVE MY VET!!!! :D

So, we are back and Banks is holding down food so far today... she has had two small meals (about 1/2 cup total) of ground beef and green beans with water.

Our vet examined her from head to toe, sat and read the ER report with me and then ask that I explain everything to him.. start to finish. He checked all her vitals, her belly, back, ears the works. he explained how when animals have an upset to the GI system it can cause turmoil in the intestine and 'look' like an obstruction, which is why the ER did the second set of x-rays after she was on fluid and a shot of Cerenia (for nausea), that will help settle the system and give a better idea of what it looks like in there. He said it is not uncommon for false obstruction to show up when they are this sick. He was really thrown (didn't come right out and say it, but facial expression and tone said it) that they sent Banks home without any follow up meds to ensure her stomach would settle and that they did not explain any of that to us when we picked her up. He asked me, 'what meds did they give you for her?' I said, nothing... he looked and said ' no meds at discharge?' I responded 'correct'... he was quite for a few seconds and said OK... here is what I'm gonna do...

He thinks she has some type of virus, sort of like us it has to run it's course. What he did not like is hearing her snub food or ice cream... he knows Banks and that raised his eyebrows. So I am to keep her on the Cerenia for the next two days with the bland diet, he gave her a shot at the office to cover today and I have pills for four days if necessary, but he wants her back in his office if she vomits or refuses food at any time this week. He also did her laser treatment since she had not had any of her meds for her back/arthritis since Saturday, he did not want to chance her pain causing more issues, by doing the treatment, it relaxes her and lessen the stress on the system.

overall, today she is making slow improvement. I am home with her today, Lewis will be with her tomorrow and if all remains good, her eating, drinking and no vomit then we can safely say, she had a really bad stomach virus.

I can not thank you all enough for the love, support, and prayers! My girl had us real scared and I am now thinking we have on back on track and she will be her beeotchy self in no time.

LOVE you all.... I will keep you posted, with pics, of course.

Henny @cali baker... you are so right, I wish they could talk!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.