Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Dear Christine, no wonder you were on my mind today, can't wait for your update, Prayers!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I am leaving work now to go pick her up.... the ER called the b/f so I ddi not get any info at all...:stinkeye: he did not even asked if she passed the object or not! :cursing: The only thing I know is she has kept food and water in her all day, she is not showing any signs of discomfort or distress, no temp and she is ready to be picked up. do you think I might be a little upset with the other half :bitchslap: ????? :hissy:

I will drill them when I get there and give details later when I am home

ahh man.. I feel for you. Chris is the same way. He's not allowed to take Blue (and now Wellie) to any vet without me.

fingers crossed she passed it.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
uh-oh somebodies in for it :facepalm2:...i hope she passed it too.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So glad to hear she got to come home!! Any updates??? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]??? Joe is never, EVER allowed to take Vegas to the vet either, we established that about 2 years ago!!! Almost $300 dollars later and he "couldn't remember" all that the vet said!!! (It was mange) Uuugggg!!!!!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Happy to hear Banksie gets to come home. Hopefully what ever it is has been passed or will pass soon.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks gang! She is home and sleeping... Not herself at all. I called my vet and he wants her in tomorrow for eval and follow up. I am dropping her off at 10:00 AM.

We are not satisfied with the results from the ER and we do not doubt they did all they could based on Banks' behavior and reaction to treatment. Nothing passed and they told me her AM x-rays were totally clear and therefore no blockage. They also stated she ate without reluctance and was wide eyed without fever or pain. She comes out and she is stressed, but normal for her when she is aware a car ride is coming.

So, I get her home, about a 40 minute ride, she walks in and lays down in the family room. I get changed, take Cheli potty and feed him. I go to give Banks her back/pain meds (nothing since Saturday night) so I'm thinking she needs them, her back has to hurt.... Well, she out right refuses her vanilla ice cream!! In 9 yrs she has NEVER refused ice cream let alone any food. I tried pumpkin, no go, roast beef, she took and then spit it all out.

i backed off... Call our vet, had a 15 min conversation and he suggested just some bland ground meat during the call. I offer it to her, she nibbled a bit and just stared at it, but after a few minutes she finally ate it all ( 1/4 cup) and went over to the couch and has been sleeping since. Her breathing is fast and heavy while sleeping and she has some nasty stinky farts.

We are taking her lead on everything tonight and I will be home with her tomorrow and Lewis is planning to work at home on Wednesday.

i will keep you all posted... Thanks for all the love support prayers and thoughts!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks gang! She is home and sleeping... Not herself at all. I called my vet and he wants her in tomorrow for eval and follow up. I am dropping her off at 10:00 AM.

We are not satisfied with the results from the ER and we do not doubt they did all they could based on Banks' behavior and reaction to treatment. Nothing passed and they told me her AM x-rays were totally clear and therefore no blockage. They also stated she ate without reluctance and was wide eyed without fever or pain. She comes out and she is stressed, but normal for her when she is aware a car ride is coming.

So, I get her home, about a 40 minute ride, she walks in and lays down in the family room. I get changed, take Cheli potty and feed him. I go to give Banks her back/pain meds (nothing since Saturday night) so I'm thinking she needs them, her back has to hurt.... Well, she out right refuses her vanilla ice cream!! In 9 yrs she has NEVER refused ice cream let alone any food. I tried pumpkin, no go, roast beef, she took and then spit it all out.

i backed off... Call our vet, had a 15 min conversation and he suggested just some bland ground meat during the call. I offer it to her, she nibbled a bit and just stared at it, but after a few minutes she finally ate it all ( 1/4 cup) and went over to the couch and has been sleeping since. Her breathing is fast and heavy while sleeping and she has some nasty stinky farts.

We are taking her lead on everything tonight and I will be home with her tomorrow and Lewis is planning to work at home on Wednesday.

i will keep you all posted... Thanks for all the love support prayers and thoughts!

Gosh I'm so sorry Christine…
So weird that they saw something in the x-rays and now they see nothing… do you think her stomach is just bothering her, like a stomach virus or something?!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
When Brutus was sick they said he had a partial obstruction and it was moving along. Well, he never did pass anything and had a massive
Bacterial infection in his tummy. He needed antibiotics and was feeling better after a couple of days.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gosh I'm so sorry Christine…
So weird that they saw something in the x-rays and now they see nothing… do you think her stomach is just bothering her, like a stomach virus or something?!!

They explained it that maybe her intestine had a twist that cleared itself, I guess it could happen. But, I'll better understand tomorrow after I talk with our vet. He was going to try and get copies of the x-rays

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When Brutus was sick they said he had a partial obstruction and it was moving along. Well, he never did pass anything and had a massive
Bacterial infection in his tummy. He needed antibiotics and was feeling better after a couple of days.

How was that diagnosed? Blood work?

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Well thats good news with no sign of blockage and hopefully whatever she's distressed about passes. Maybe she just ate something that totally disagreed with her at the house the other night? Good luck tomorrow Christine!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am leaving work now to go pick her up.... the ER called the b/f so I ddi not get any info at all...:stinkeye: he did not even asked if she passed the object or not! :cursing: The only thing I know is she has kept food and water in her all day, she is not showing any signs of discomfort or distress, no temp and she is ready to be picked up. do you think I might be a little upset with the other half :bitchslap: ????? :hissy:

I will drill them when I get there and give details later when I am home

That's good news wait for your update

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
its good there is no blockage but a worry that she still is not well, hopefully you will get some answers at the visit tomorrow Christine.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So weird.. but no blockage is good news.
Hopefully whatever this is will go away on it's own, and she'll start to feel better soon.

Most Reactions