Scale like bumps

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
f40c3b1c8ba63e6c1f799a9340efd86e.jpg

Has any other bullys had this problem if u have please give me some advice.
Ronnie had this for 4 months now all down his back they are lumpy like warts that are scaling down his back. We've changed his food to wainwrights no grains tried malaseb and it seems like our vets have no idea. Running out of options. He's lost his fur where the lumps are. It's not a clear photo but if u look close you can see the wart like bumps.

I would appreciate any advice

[emoji2]

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What shampoo so you use?

I would try brushing daily to open the skin pores and add an oil to the diet, either coconut oil or salmon oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
kirstyrebe

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
Usually he would go to the groomers so whichever the used. Then we used malaseb. Now I'm using baby shampoo and it seems to have eased it but not got rid of it. Il get some oil and give that a try thank you

OP
kirstyrebe

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
34a692a63bd5235a17d7fa6b2ef98996.jpg
here's a better photo

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Have Ronnie been scraped for mange?? Vegas got it out of know where last year. It caused bald spots and crusty skin.

OP
kirstyrebe

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
I have absolutely no idea what that is?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is there any other symptoms? Itching maybe? I agree he's definitely got some sort of dermatitis, could be mange, staph, fungal.... That second picture looks really bumpy.

I agree with [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] , certainly get a second opinion and maybe a skin scrape. Poor little fella, at 4 months old that's so young to have all these bumps. Please keep us updated if you find out what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Definitely take him to another vet-or a dermatologist, as recommended. Is his skin dry-or oily? I don't see any dander. It looks like his sebaceous glands could be clogged-if he has oily skin
Def. get a scraping done, and let us know what the opinion is! Best of luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I cannot see photos due to be on computer at work, but it sounds like it could also be a staph infection... have your vet take a look.

OP
kirstyrebe

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
It's dry and itchy for him, we have another appointment at a different vets. So time to get my big baby fixed [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] he's 11 months old. I'm started to think it could be a mix of things it's breaking my heart

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang… I would have a scrape done to find out what is going on.

OP
kirstyrebe

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
Off to the vets this morning wish me luck 😊

OP
kirstyrebe

kirstyrebe

Sep 27, 2014
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
ronnie
First of all rjisaterp thank you so much for your concern and yes we have a result and are moving on.... Ronnie had skin tests today so don't get results for another 10 days, he's also been referred to a derma-logical vet. Came back with microbex shampoo, clx wipes, sancerum for his ears, rilexine antibiotics and he's also had a steroid injections so I'm super happy that finally we maybe getting somewhere x

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
First of all rjisaterp thank you so much for your concern and yes we have a result and are moving on.... Ronnie had skin tests today so don't get results for another 10 days, he's also been referred to a derma-logical vet. Came back with microbex shampoo, clx wipes, sancerum for his ears, rilexine antibiotics and he's also had a steroid injections so I'm super happy that finally we maybe getting somewhere x

Hi Kirsty,

Thanks for the update on Ronnie. I do hope you find out what those lesions are. When i look at them, they appear wart like but then again I am not a vet or have my two bullies experience anything like it.

Keep a watchful eye on Ronnie with the antibiotics. My Jewel came down with yeast issues becasue the antibiotics not only killed the bad "bugs" but also the good ones.

Did your vet have a diagnosis or defer to the dermatologist?

Please keep us posted.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online