OP
D

Dolly

Sep 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Libby and Gus
You are all wonderful and supportive bulldog community. My only fear is that I will never have the courage to get another bulldog, fall in love and lose another. He gave me so much love and I adore the breed. Enjoy your sweet bulldogs. Thanks

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My thoughts are with you. Nothing can ever make it easier to know your beloved dog is facing a life threatening issue. Be strong and give him all the love you always have. He will need you just as much as you need him right now.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'm so sorry to hear Gus has been diagnosed with this, sending thoughts and prayers to you

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You are all wonderful and supportive bulldog community. My only fear is that I will never have the courage to get another bulldog, fall in love and lose another. He gave me so much love and I adore the breed. Enjoy your sweet bulldogs. Thanks

I can speak from experience on this… I have loved and lost 3 bulldogs, and I have a bully puppy that is 7 mos old. Wally has healed my brokenhearted family in more ways than one… you will know if/when the time is right for you. And we will be with you no matter what you decide to do :assurred:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry to hear this, positive thoughts and prayers for you, your family and Gus.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry for you and Gus. It is the most horrible diagnosis you can get. My Jack Russell Oreo passed away 3 years ago at the age of 14 from a combination of cancer and old age. She lived with it for 2 years after she was diagnosed, and it was hard to watch her decline, sleep all the time, loss of appetite, and not being able to go up and down stairs anymore.
Enjoy Gus, spend time with him, and take lots of pictures with him and your family as keepsakes and memories, and when the time is right , you will know when it is time to let him go.

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Sorry to hear about Gus. He will be in my prayers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Yes, you will! You will love them just as much, but differently. I thought the same after my sweet Nitschke past.. I thought for awhile back and forth about how I would feel about a new baby, granted Banks was with us, but she is a Daddy girl and Nitschke a Momma boy ... It is almost three years and I still hurt for and miss him everyday. But, when we got Cheli, it took me some time to connect and now I am fully in love with the little guy.... they all full your heart in a different way with their special love and personality.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I am so sorry to hear about Gus' diagnosis. Thanks for sharing your experience so that we can learn from yours. It's so hard when they get sick.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online