ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Happy to her Wally is getting better. You do know mom that Wally was just hunting for buried treasure in the backyard right?

LMAO!!! The only "treasure" he's going to find is more time in his pen/crate… LOL I was "trying" to explain to the plumber what was going on… he was like YEAH I'll see you tomorrow afternoon!!! :eek:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Walter just had his LAST dip done today… Thank the LORD!!! And now our vet wants me to use Advantage Multi every two weeks for 3 months… apparently it's been proven to keep the mites under control. So far he has not developed any more bald spots, and some of his spots are starting to grow back hair. She told me that this could take several months to grow back. I'm praying that this is the END to his mange issues :pray:

Oh and the plumber is coming out tomorrow afternoon… I'm really dreading this visit… Ugh!!! :unsure: So far between the water bill, and the sprinkler bill I'm out $419…

Great news Walter. No more medi-dips. Also, Rogaine will not fix your hair problem and tell mommy to stay away from that stuff as well. Please recall the problem with my hands. As a matter of fact, I overheard a lady tell her kids that soap and water would take care of my problem. I looked at her and said, "no it doesn't."

I see the plumber is coming this afternoon. That is wonderful; however, be prepared to resuscitate mommy when she gets the bill. Also, make sure you check for any mottos on the side of the plumbers truck like "a good flush beats a full house." I understand the reason the plumber made your house an afternoon appointment is because last night somebody broke into the Clarksville Police Station and stole the only toilet in the building. Right now the cops are anxious to apprehend the perpetrator but they have nothing to go on.

Walter, to help mommy pay for your shennigans, I suggest you become an evangelist. If you need some lines of what to say...just let me know. "Three bags full." :w00t:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great news Walter. No more medi-dips. Also, Rogaine will not fix your hair problem and tell mommy to stay away from that stuff as well. Please recall the problem with my hands. As a matter of fact, I overheard a lady tell her kids that soap and water would take care of my problem. I looked at her and said, "no it doesn't."

I see the plumber is coming this afternoon. That is wonderful; however, be prepared to resuscitate mommy when she gets the bill. Also, make sure you check for any mottos on the side of the plumbers truck like "a good flush beats a full house." I understand the reason the plumber made your house an afternoon appointment is because last night somebody broke into the Clarksville Police Station and stole the only toilet in the building. Right now the cops are anxious to apprehend the perpetrator but they have nothing to go on.

Walter, to help mommy pay for your shennigans, I suggest you become an evangelist. If you need some lines of what to say...just let me know. "Three bags full." :w00t:

LMAO!!! Well I figured that the plumber would be the LAST call… and the MOST expensive… NOT looking forward to this afternoon :stinkeye:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Walter just had his LAST dip done today… Thank the LORD!!! And now our vet wants me to use Advantage Multi every two weeks for 3 months… apparently it's been proven to keep the mites under control. So far he has not developed any more bald spots, and some of his spots are starting to grow back hair. She told me that this could take several months to grow back. I'm praying that this is the END to his mange issues :pray:

Oh and the plumber is coming out tomorrow afternoon… I'm really dreading this visit… Ugh!!! :unsure: So far between the water bill, and the sprinkler bill I'm out $419…

That's great news. Give Wallie a great big kiss from me and my boys.

When we got Blue, my breeder said to use Advantage II two weeks prior to his Rabies shot, and 2 weeks after his rabies shot. She said the rabies vaccine wreaks havoc on their immune system and using Advantage has shown it keeps mange away.
When I mentioned it to my vet, she never heard of it but said it couldn't hurt so we did it.

I'm glad your vet said something similar. Every time I've mentioned it to people, they look at me like I have two heads..lol

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Thank you for sharing this… I agree this is the BEST article that I have read explaining what the heck is going on. Did you do the dips w/Leo or did you go the natural route?!!

Our vets here do not even offer dips. They go straight to ivermectin, either oral or shots. If your pups demodex comes back, don't spend a lot of money on ivermectin at the vet, you can buy it over the counter as Ivomec (on amazon) and administer daily doses by weight (i have a chart if you want). You still need to do skin scrapings at the vet and continue the meds one month past the second clear skin scrape. However, I hope the dips worked and you never have to worry about it again!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great news. Give Wallie a great big kiss from me and my boys.

When we got Blue, my breeder said to use Advantage II two weeks prior to his Rabies shot, and 2 weeks after his rabies shot. She said the rabies vaccine wreaks havoc on their immune system and using Advantage has shown it keeps mange away.
When I mentioned it to my vet, she never heard of it but said it couldn't hurt so we did it.

I'm glad your vet said something similar. Every time I've mentioned it to people, they look at me like I have two heads..lol

That is so funny… I actually did some research and a LOT of people swear that it keeps mange under control.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What's the verdict with the plumber?

Yeah the plumber just left… $189 which isn't too bad. They actually had to cut another hole in the brick because the IDIOTS that did the plumbing for our house made the hole too big. So when I was trying to screw it back in it didn't catch anything because they had the screws in silicone. Basically that's why Wally pulled it out because it wasn't even attached to anything :blink:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yeah the plumber just left… $189 which isn't too bad. They actually had to cut another hole in the brick because the IDIOTS that did the plumbing for our house made the hole too big. So when I was trying to screw it back in it didn't catch anything because they had the screws in silicone. Basically that's why Wally pulled it out because it wasn't even attached to anything :blink:

Crappy work caused Wally to get blamed.... [emoji15]

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crappy work caused Wally to get blamed.... [emoji15]

I could write a blog on how many things are wrong w/this house… don't get me started!!! :cursing:

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi Tracey. Just got home from bowling. Wow...good thing you don't live in MD. That job would have cost me an arm and a leg.

Glad you got it fixed.

Walter...did you get the plumber guys ankle? Did he have a motto on his truck like we discussed? Did the plumber bite his nails?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I could write a blog on how many things are wrong w/this house… don't get me started!!! :cursing:

Heck with the blog... write a book and make some $$$$

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] Glad that things worked out with Wally, hope he stays okay! At least you found a plumber who is not greedy! Time for something good,eh?!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad Wally is on the mend and the mending of the pipe wasn't too awful! What's next? :giggle:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Rogan is in week three of the dips. You are 100% correct. What a pain. But no water problem. Yet

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.