ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter just had his LAST dip done today… Thank the LORD!!! And now our vet wants me to use Advantage Multi every two weeks for 3 months… apparently it's been proven to keep the mites under control. So far he has not developed any more bald spots, and some of his spots are starting to grow back hair. She told me that this could take several months to grow back. I'm praying that this is the END to his mange issues :pray:

Oh and the plumber is coming out tomorrow afternoon… I'm really dreading this visit… Ugh!!! :unsure: So far between the water bill, and the sprinkler bill I'm out $419…

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good to hear, Wally will grow back his hair and the water bill will be lower!!!! :dance3:

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Wow what an ordeal! I really hope it's all behind you now Tracey...now if you can just figure out how to stop him from digging up your sprinklers!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So glad he is one the road to getting the mange behind you..... The digging and sprinklers, well we'll see. :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
That's great news about Walter!! The $$ thing will fix itself...this is just temporary, it will all balance itself out with time, trust me. :yes:
Now as far as the sprinklers go, have you thought of getting a scarecrow or something of that ilk to shoo Mr.Wally out of that area?:halloween4:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So glad he is one the road to getting the mange behind you..... The digging and sprinklers, well we'll see. :D

I know you should see my yard… metal gate across the front, tomato cages randomly spread around… I'm at my wits end… Lol

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great news about Walter!! The $$ thing will fix itself...this is just temporary, it will all balance itself out with time, trust me. :yes:
Now as far as the sprinklers go, have you thought of getting a scarecrow or something of that ilk to shoo Mr.Wally out of that area?:halloween4:

No, but that's NOT a bad idea… someone said to turn them on when he's out there, but when he busted the water hose he LOVED the water spraying on him… of course!!! :blink:

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
If the hair grows back and the spots go away you wiII not have the map to where the sprinklers are buried :ROFL:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

agentbunny

Nov 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Leo & Lola
Walter just had his LAST dip done today… Thank the LORD!!! And now our vet wants me to use Advantage Multi every two weeks for 3 months… apparently it's been proven to keep the mites under control. So far he has not developed any more bald spots, and some of his spots are starting to grow back hair. She told me that this could take several months to grow back. I'm praying that this is the END to his mange issues :pray:

Oh and the plumber is coming out tomorrow afternoon… I'm really dreading this visit… Ugh!!! :unsure: So far between the water bill, and the sprinkler bill I'm out $419…

Thats great to hear! Dont be surprised if even more hair falls out now that they are dead. It happened t my Leo. All those hair follicles with dead mites will release the hair shaft. It will grow back good as new though. Here is the best article I have found so far on demodex. Don't mind the product sales pitch. The info on the mites, how treatment affects them, and what you can expect when you are done is spot on: http://happydognaturals.com/demodectic-mange/

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good to hear Walter's on the mend. Hopefully he leaves your sprinklers alone too....

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Happy to her Wally is getting better. You do know mom that Wally was just hunting for buried treasure in the backyard right?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thats great to hear! Dont be surprised if even more hair falls out now that they are dead. It happened t my Leo. All those hair follicles with dead mites will release the hair shaft. It will grow back good as new though. Here is the best article I have found so far on demodex. Don't mind the product sales pitch. The info on the mites, how treatment affects them, and what you can expect when you are done is spot on: http://happydognaturals.com/demodectic-mange/

Thank you for sharing this… I agree this is the BEST article that I have read explaining what the heck is going on. Did you do the dips w/Leo or did you go the natural route?!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.