Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Walter's Demodex Mange...

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on Walter's Demodex Mange...

Good to hear Walter's on the mend. Hopefully he leaves your sprinklers alone too....

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Happy to her Wally is getting better. You do know mom that Wally was just hunting for buried treasure in the backyard right?
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by agentbunny View Post
    Thats great to hear! Dont be surprised if even more hair falls out now that they are dead. It happened t my Leo. All those hair follicles with dead mites will release the hair shaft. It will grow back good as new though. Here is the best article I have found so far on demodex. Don't mind the product sales pitch. The info on the mites, how treatment affects them, and what you can expect when you are done is spot on: http://happydognaturals.com/demodectic-mange/
    Thank you for sharing this… I agree this is the BEST article that I have read explaining what the heck is going on. Did you do the dips w/Leo or did you go the natural route?!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    Happy to her Wally is getting better. You do know mom that Wally was just hunting for buried treasure in the backyard right?
    LMAO!!! The only "treasure" he's going to find is more time in his pen/crate… LOL I was "trying" to explain to the plumber what was going on… he was like YEAH I'll see you tomorrow afternoon!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Walter just had his LAST dip done today… Thank the LORD!!! And now our vet wants me to use Advantage Multi every two weeks for 3 months… apparently it's been proven to keep the mites under control. So far he has not developed any more bald spots, and some of his spots are starting to grow back hair. She told me that this could take several months to grow back. I'm praying that this is the END to his mange issues

Oh and the plumber is coming out tomorrow afternoon… I'm really dreading this visit… Ugh!!! So far between the water bill, and the sprinkler bill I'm out $419…
    Great news Walter. No more medi-dips. Also, Rogaine will not fix your hair problem and tell mommy to stay away from that stuff as well. Please recall the problem with my hands. As a matter of fact, I overheard a lady tell her kids that soap and water would take care of my problem. I looked at her and said, "no it doesn't."

I see the plumber is coming this afternoon. That is wonderful; however, be prepared to resuscitate mommy when she gets the bill. Also, make sure you check for any mottos on the side of the plumbers truck like "a good flush beats a full house." I understand the reason the plumber made your house an afternoon appointment is because last night somebody broke into the Clarksville Police Station and stole the only toilet in the building. Right now the cops are anxious to apprehend the perpetrator but they have nothing to go on.

Walter, to help mommy pay for your shennigans, I suggest you become an evangelist. If you need some lines of what to say...just let me know. "Three bags full."

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Great news Walter. No more medi-dips. Also, Rogaine will not fix your hair problem and tell mommy to stay away from that stuff as well. Please recall the problem with my hands. As a matter of fact, I overheard a lady tell her kids that soap and water would take care of my problem. I looked at her and said, "no it doesn't."

I see the plumber is coming this afternoon. That is wonderful; however, be prepared to resuscitate mommy when she gets the bill. Also, make sure you check for any mottos on the side of the plumbers truck like "a good flush beats a full house." I understand the reason the plumber made your house an afternoon appointment is because last night somebody broke into the Clarksville Police Station and stole the only toilet in the building. Right now the cops are anxious to apprehend the perpetrator but they have nothing to go on.

Walter, to help mommy pay for your shennigans, I suggest you become an evangelist. If you need some lines of what to say...just let me know. "Three bags full."
    LMAO!!! Well I figured that the plumber would be the LAST call… and the MOST expensive… NOT looking forward to this afternoon

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What's the verdict with the plumber?

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Walter just had his LAST dip done today… Thank the LORD!!! And now our vet wants me to use Advantage Multi every two weeks for 3 months… apparently it's been proven to keep the mites under control. So far he has not developed any more bald spots, and some of his spots are starting to grow back hair. She told me that this could take several months to grow back. I'm praying that this is the END to his mange issues

Oh and the plumber is coming out tomorrow afternoon… I'm really dreading this visit… Ugh!!! So far between the water bill, and the sprinkler bill I'm out $419…
    That's great news. Give Wallie a great big kiss from me and my boys.

When we got Blue, my breeder said to use Advantage II two weeks prior to his Rabies shot, and 2 weeks after his rabies shot. She said the rabies vaccine wreaks havoc on their immune system and using Advantage has shown it keeps mange away.
    When I mentioned it to my vet, she never heard of it but said it couldn't hurt so we did it.

I'm glad your vet said something similar. Every time I've mentioned it to people, they look at me like I have two heads..lol

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Leo & Lola
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for sharing this… I agree this is the BEST article that I have read explaining what the heck is going on. Did you do the dips w/Leo or did you go the natural route?!!
    Our vets here do not even offer dips. They go straight to ivermectin, either oral or shots. If your pups demodex comes back, don't spend a lot of money on ivermectin at the vet, you can buy it over the counter as Ivomec (on amazon) and administer daily doses by weight (i have a chart if you want). You still need to do skin scrapings at the vet and continue the meds one month past the second clear skin scrape. However, I hope the dips worked and you never have to worry about it again!

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    That's great news. Give Wallie a great big kiss from me and my boys.

When we got Blue, my breeder said to use Advantage II two weeks prior to his Rabies shot, and 2 weeks after his rabies shot. She said the rabies vaccine wreaks havoc on their immune system and using Advantage has shown it keeps mange away.
    When I mentioned it to my vet, she never heard of it but said it couldn't hurt so we did it.

I'm glad your vet said something similar. Every time I've mentioned it to people, they look at me like I have two heads..lol
    That is so funny… I actually did some research and a LOT of people swear that it keeps mange under control.

Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    What's the verdict with the plumber?
    Yeah the plumber just left… $189 which isn't too bad. They actually had to cut another hole in the brick because the IDIOTS that did the plumbing for our house made the hole too big. So when I was trying to screw it back in it didn't catch anything because they had the screws in silicone. Basically that's why Wally pulled it out because it wasn't even attached to anything

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yeah the plumber just left… $189 which isn't too bad. They actually had to cut another hole in the brick because the IDIOTS that did the plumbing for our house made the hole too big. So when I was trying to screw it back in it didn't catch anything because they had the screws in silicone. Basically that's why Wally pulled it out because it wasn't even attached to anything
    Crappy work caused Wally to get blamed....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads